Kudos to New V.com Font

November 8, 2007 at 03:25 AM · I like the new font - clearer, easier to read, bold seems to stand out more. This is a very well maintained site (something else to thank behind-the-scenes Robert for, I presume), constantly getting tweaked.

Replies (25)

November 8, 2007 at 05:49 AM · Thanks Eric! And you are right, Robert did this behind-the-scenes change. He made me read a whole bunch of different combos of type and this is what we came up with. Happy reading!

November 8, 2007 at 05:51 AM · I like the new font, too. It is easier to read than the old one. Thanks, Robert and Laurie.

November 8, 2007 at 02:43 PM · Me too! Thanks for making the change. Although I have to say, it made me feel vaguely confused at first, as if I hadn't been here in a while (okay, maybe that part is true) and that I'd stepped into a weird, parallel universe forum with members I knew but didn't, and discussions that were out of my league (they always are). But hey, all the better font to read and learn!

November 8, 2007 at 03:02 PM · darn, now i can read what i have posted. whew :)

November 8, 2007 at 03:57 PM · Very funny, Al!

I like this new font. When I first saw it, I thought I was losing it... What is the name of this new font?

November 8, 2007 at 05:34 PM · It's Verdana.

November 8, 2007 at 05:50 PM · Thanks, Eugene!

November 8, 2007 at 06:18 PM · Hahaha, Al :)

I like it too, which is surprising because I usually prefer smaller fonts and grumble about "old fogies" who insist on large type. Oh dear, am I turning into one of them myself now?

November 8, 2007 at 07:50 PM · Buri's most recent blog was the first thing I read yesterday in the new font. I thought I was really losing it: New font and no typos? What's going on? ;)

I like it. It's easier to read.

November 8, 2007 at 11:18 PM · So I'm the only one who doesn't like it? I have to step back from my computer because the letters are so far apart. I like them more condensed.

November 9, 2007 at 01:21 AM · oohhh Emily !

it's just another adjustment--there will be more.

Allow your intrinsic,vagabond nature to be set free.

November 9, 2007 at 01:46 AM · Good font! I like it.

Don't change it just because Emily doesn't like it. :)

November 9, 2007 at 02:12 AM · I love it! Much easier to read. I used to hit "control plus" to make the font bigger when I came here.

(Emily, maybe "control/minus" would satisfy your wish for a smaller font)

November 9, 2007 at 02:26 AM · Greetings,

Linda, I checke dthe spelling because I wa spissed off;)

Cheers,

Buri

November 9, 2007 at 04:50 AM · I never meant to piss anyone off.

November 9, 2007 at 04:51 AM · Holy cow, control minus! This is awesome.

November 10, 2007 at 09:44 PM · I don't like the new letters in the site either. They seem to be inconsistent. Spacing is wide for the blue titles, very tight for the bold letters of the "by clicking in the..." warning, very small for the basic text.

Once you are in a discussion, the title text is serif, but it was blue wide spaced Sans Serif in the list.

Most of the site is Sans-serif, but serif lettering is easier to read in large blocks of text(proven in research).

November 10, 2007 at 07:10 PM · I don't know the fonts but I know I like it and it's easier for me to read.

November 10, 2007 at 10:47 PM · Verdana wins again!. Looks nice. I've been a proponent of Verdana 12pt for a long time, as it's easier on the eyes. There seems to have been a conversation here along those lines at some point. Looks good Robert.

November 10, 2007 at 11:06 PM · I much prefer the previous font or anything more condensed :(

November 11, 2007 at 05:27 PM · I agree that a slightly more condensed font is easier to read. I also favor fonts with serifs.

November 11, 2007 at 09:02 PM · On my browers the new font is a huge improvement. The serif font that was on the site for a few months looked awful on my machines and browers. Thanks!

November 13, 2007 at 01:10 AM · Buri,

I thought that you eat prunes when you're pissed off...

Sometimes I wonder if you do it on purpose. ;)

November 13, 2007 at 01:25 AM · Greetings,

Emily,can`t remember what we were talking about but oyu have never pissed me off.

Cheers,

Buri

November 13, 2007 at 04:29 AM · Um, I hate to admit it, but I think I was part of what pissed Emil off for good (but I had nothing to do with the stupid Nazi/Hitler comment that followed my own). If you hear from him, tell him I'm sorry.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases