I am going to audition for the Pre-college division of Juilliard. The audition seems incredibly... I mean it seems REALLY REALLY EASY this is stuff I did 2-3 years ago.
For students that want to audition and are 14 years old and younger:
1. Major and minor scales in three octaves.
2. An étude on the level of Mazas or Wohlfahrt.
3. Two contrasting movements from a Baroque concerto or sonata by a composer such as Telemann or Vivaldi, or a work of comparable difficulty.
1.First of all I'm capable of playing all 3 octave major and minor scales with their arpeggios(the arpeggios aren't required).
2. Im already on Kreutzer's études.
3. Ive memorized all four movements to the Telemann viola concerto.
Has any here ever auditioned for the Pre-college division of Juilliard and if so did you find it EXTREMELY EASY.
This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.
Violinist.com is made possible by...