Violinist.com gets a good review

January 24, 2007 at 03:02 AM · Journalist Tom Regan writes about us in the Christian Science Monitor. Thank you for your kind words, Tom!

By the way, kazoo-tooters are welcome on V.com, you just have to love the violin! ;)

Replies (20)

January 24, 2007 at 03:09 AM · Kudos, Laurie. Wonderful article and great exposure for violinist.com.

Cordially, Sandy

January 24, 2007 at 03:12 AM · Awesome! And I agree. This really is a wonderful site. Yay for v.com!

January 24, 2007 at 03:49 AM · Nice article. I got a wedding gig out of the blue today because someone found my name here.

January 24, 2007 at 04:14 AM · Good job. We're proud of you and your efforts.

January 24, 2007 at 04:11 AM · My t-shirt just became value added--What is it worth now, if Laurie signs it! ;)... Congratulations Laurie and Robert!.

January 24, 2007 at 04:42 AM ·

January 24, 2007 at 04:48 AM · I love v.com! I'm glad that it's getting recognized :) BTW, Laurie, I completely agree with the Casals quote at the end of the article.

January 24, 2007 at 05:00 AM · V.com is the best!

January 25, 2007 at 03:39 PM · Great..I am really happy!

Brava Laurie!!

Anisha.

January 25, 2007 at 05:59 PM · SO COOL!!!! : )

January 25, 2007 at 10:21 PM · Congrats, Laurie, and well-deserved! We love it here. :)

January 25, 2007 at 11:16 PM · really, congrads and kudos!

3 things that strike me about v.com are:

1. it is highly unregulated to the users and precisely because of that, people tend to take the initiative to set their own limit even in heated discussions. it works out very well; at the end of the day, common sense and consensus rule. also, most people using their own real names is a plus in building a more credible virtual community.

2. even though there are links to ads, you appreciate the tasteful layout where commerce is not the priority. i think by now people are just tired of sites where selling does not stop. in fact, how many people ever buy something just because an ad pops in front of them?

3. buri's typing.

January 25, 2007 at 11:43 PM · greetings,

al, you cal this tyoing?

Cheers,

Buri

January 26, 2007 at 12:05 AM · Buri, I call it writing because it's so badly typed that I had to read Al's post to figure out what "tyoing" was. Anything that can prompt such curiousiy must be writing. :)

Neil (or as would be written by Buri, kneel)

January 26, 2007 at 12:20 AM · ever since i started reading buri's posts, still can't play the fiddle but my cross word puzzle skill has noticeably improved.

life is more interesting if presented with possibilities...

January 26, 2007 at 01:37 AM · I prefer to see myself as an anagram consultant.

January 26, 2007 at 01:42 AM · you read my mind, that is exactly what i meant earlier:), but my mind was also crossed you see:)

you are not just a consultant, but a practitioner:)

January 26, 2007 at 07:00 AM · Buri and al, will you stop this for a second?! You guys are to blame for my addiction to v.com! :) Seriously, more than once I wondered what would I be now had I met people like you when I was a young budding violin player...

January 27, 2007 at 10:47 PM · hey every1, yay on the review, it rocks, and why shouldn't it? this website totally rocks, i love it!

I must say, i think part of the reason its such a popular site is simply because we're all on it because of our simple love of violin, not to persuade each other to buy stuff. Its a nice feeling, for me as a high school student, several of my close friends dont understand violin and the mood swings/frustration/random happiness that goes with it, its cool to know that there's a little (or seemingly large!) community of like-minded nutcases like myself!

Also i love how everyone is so willing to give advice, we all know what its like to have a really frustating problem that just won't seem to go right. But i must say, many a time it has happened that as soon as i'v noticed a problem, before I'v had a lesson, iv noticed a similar post here, with several suggestions on how to correct it, its so handy, takes a load off your mind.

And, of course i too love trying to decipher buri's tyoing! Keep it up!

Weel done to Laurie and Robert, for creating such an invaluable resource for us all!

January 28, 2007 at 12:33 AM · Thanks you guys...you are the ones that make it a great place!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Violin Finder
Yamaha Violin Finder

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Corilon Violins
Corilon Violins

Los Angeles Philharmonic
Los Angeles Philharmonic