Happy New Year to Everyone

January 1, 2007 at 01:45 AM · Our family wishes everyone here a most Happy New Year.

Ray Randall

http://web.icq.com/friendship/swf/0,,16961_rs,00.swf

Replies (35)

January 1, 2007 at 02:56 AM · my resolution = practice more and get through auditions without losing my sanity. :) Happy New Year all!

January 1, 2007 at 03:36 AM · Happy New Year!

January 1, 2007 at 03:42 AM · practice practice practice practice practice

January 1, 2007 at 04:59 AM · Timing is everything--Happy New Years.

January 1, 2007 at 05:58 AM · Mine is too practice less lesson material but more Orchestra material.

lol, Maura I think I should add Get through auditions while keeping my sanity also. My last few auditions I was shaking so much that a vibrato wasn't necessary :).

January 1, 2007 at 06:27 AM · My Resolution. 2007: The dawn of the Age of Millerism.

January 1, 2007 at 06:39 AM · more practice, plus a bit more excercise, try and lose a bit of weight.

January 1, 2007 at 08:06 AM · Hi Ray,

That's a lovely "family" you've got. :-) Thank you for the balloons and fireworks!

I wish I will be able to have more and longer lessons, and be good enough to play a really good violin.

Happy New Year, everyone!

January 1, 2007 at 12:38 PM · mine is to have fun when playing music, after all that's what it's all about!

January 1, 2007 at 01:35 PM · Happy New Year!

My Resolution: Eat Chocolate Every Day.

(I have used this one before).

For more computer fun, go to jacksonpollock.org

January 1, 2007 at 04:02 PM · master current element list better, get towards middle/end of Suzuki3, finish mastering current standards w/o adding any more (a real challenge--the adding part), add sautille in June, continue improving posture and balance, Continue exploring Bartok and Vieuxtemps.

Past Year: finally got the diversions under control, got serious with basics, slowed down my learning, got to the end of Suzuki 2 minus some mastery issues, more confident bowing, southpaw became almost healed and much stronger.

January 1, 2007 at 06:29 PM · My new New Year Wish:

Al will "upgrade" himself to the next level (he's on Suzuki Book 3) and leave the beginner level for me to use (on Suzuki Book 1). If he keeps calling himself beginner, I will have to call myself PRE-PRE-beginner. Alternatively, God help, I will jump to Book 3 from Book 1 with great success???? :-)

January 1, 2007 at 07:31 PM · Happy New Year everyone, and for those in Bulgaria and Romania welcome to the EU!

I intend doing an upper body workout a few times every week, and in my books playing the violin counts towards that goal, so it should be an easy resolution to keep. (And of course it is a lot more fun than lifting baby dumbells and doing girlie press-ups)

January 1, 2007 at 08:50 PM · My resolution is to play two more instruments, in order to have an orchestra.

January 1, 2007 at 08:51 PM · Happy New Year to everyone.

You know, you are all very special to me because

you dig the most wonderful thing in the world - violin music!

Resolution? Learn to play like Stuff Smith of cause...

Love to all

Leo

January 1, 2007 at 09:30 PM · Happy New Year to all our Violinist.com members and readers around the globe!

January 2, 2007 at 02:11 AM · Erasce Vanessa Mae songs off my ipod.

January 2, 2007 at 03:01 AM · Really?! :)

January 2, 2007 at 07:55 AM · Flat bow hair.

January 2, 2007 at 11:09 AM · down bow stacatto.

January 2, 2007 at 12:48 PM · Happy New Year everybody!!!

S Novim Godom S Novim Schastiem!

(Life is an upbow...............;)

January 2, 2007 at 01:31 PM · Practice more. Complain less.

Happy New Year all.

Sandy

January 2, 2007 at 01:57 PM · Hippy New Year everybodies.

My resolutions are to have Sandy complain less, to celebrate the International Year of Millerism by drinking more and eating less, and to help preserve Maura's sanity - - - or not.

I'm so unselfish. :)

Neil

January 2, 2007 at 02:50 PM · Neil: I'll have you know that I am already complaining less. Where do you get the nerve to make a comment like that?

:) Sandy

January 2, 2007 at 03:11 PM · Hi, Take my beagle for longer walks, get a new minidisc player so I can study my camp field recordings, clean my spare room so I can find my sheet music, find a bow that matches the Heberlein I keep tuned down for Cajun fiddle, throw away less food, turn the tube off when the programs are stupid, violent or reruns. Happy New Year to all! Sue

January 2, 2007 at 09:30 PM · Gennady...how is life like an upbow? Is there a punchline you forgot to tell us?

S Novim Godom tebe tozhe! :)

January 2, 2007 at 10:18 PM · Happy new year violinists!

I think i might buy a violinist.com t-shirt this year and become a better violinist.

January 3, 2007 at 10:15 AM · My new year's resolution is to make a new year's resolution - but happy new year to all!

January 3, 2007 at 03:15 AM · Have a great 2007 everyone. Thanks especially to all those who continue to give such excellent advice. This is the whole point, I think, of Violinist.com: that we can learn and develop, and discuss music and the violin openly. And thanks to those who were able to dissuade, when to them it became necessary, with such inimitable wit and style.

I don't make New Year resolutions. But I'm pretty sure of one thing. I'm going to be staying with plain gut D and A strings!

January 3, 2007 at 03:48 AM · Play measures 72 - 93 of the Bach's Cello Suite #6 Prelude all the way through without mistakes at tempo.

Happy New Year!

January 3, 2007 at 04:31 AM · Thank you Vivian. It's been a journey, but I'm still a beginner--and will consider myself as such until Suzuki 6 at least.

January 3, 2007 at 08:00 AM · Maura,

"Life is an upbow" IS the punch line.......sorry you missed it.

(upbow in life is like life on the up & up........?! :)

January 3, 2007 at 03:51 PM · ...got it, sorry...I'm sometimes a little slow on the, er, uptake. :)

January 4, 2007 at 01:14 AM · I of course want to eat healthier and practice more, but I always say that, so I don't have any official New Year's resolutions. Except to make sure I pack lightly when I go for my grad school auditions- travelling is awful but it's even worse when you have too many bags. Maybe I should make it my resolution to not give attitude to anyone in the airport who asks if my violin is a "guitar" or asks if they can open it up and see what's inside the violin.

January 4, 2007 at 06:12 PM · No just kidding.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Find a Summer Music Program
Find a Summer Music Program

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Violinist.com Business Directory
Violinist.com Business Directory

Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning
Violinist.com Guide to Online Learning

Dominant Pro Strings

Antonio Strad Violin

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Metzler Violin Shop

Leatherwood Bespoke Rosin

Warchal

Barenreiter

Johnson String Instrument and Carriage House Violins

Potter Violins

String Masters

Bein & Company

Annapolis Bows & Violins

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe