The violin T-shirts are in!

December 8, 2006 at 09:22 PM · In case you haven't seen all the hype, we now have Violinist.com T-shirts! They had to be perfect, so it took me about six months to get them designed and actually on to shirts, but...here they are.

You can order through the e-commerce store by clicking the "T-shirts" link in the navigation bar at the top of any Violinist.com page.

(If by any chance you have any problem with the store, or if you just want to order offline, you can download a mail-in order form [PDF], too. If you are in the U.S., just return that form with your check and we'll send out your shirts. If you are outside the U.S., mail back the form and we will invoice you via PayPal, where you can pay via credit card or PayPal account. Then we'll send the shirts. But the quickest way to get your shirts is to use the e-commerce store.)

Also, we've got kids' violin T-shirts, as well as adults', in case you've got children or young students you'd like to outfit in the coolest T-shirts around.

Replies (18)

December 9, 2006 at 05:14 PM · Thanks Laurie. I've put in my order already, one for me and one for my 6 year old son. I really appreciate you designing these shirts. And such nice looking models too. :-)

December 12, 2006 at 05:58 AM · Ordered mine last week (one of each design 'cause I loved them both too much to choose) and they arrived today. I can't wait to model them around town! I'll be sending a photo for your collection soon, Laurie. :) Thanks again!

December 12, 2006 at 07:31 AM · Mine arrived today too, a black one. Way cool! Nice work Laurie!

December 12, 2006 at 06:31 PM · I'm so glad you like them! I'm enjoying seeing where all these shirts are going, so far we've sent them to five continents!

December 18, 2006 at 05:43 PM · Laurie, my T-shirts arrived and the designs are as wonderful and the shirts as soft as advertised!

Just thought I'd share a couple things:

(1) In case anyone else is an unobservant as I am, the women's T-shirts are actually a different style, with short cap sleeves (or whatever they're called). It should be obvious from the photos, but fashion-challenged individuals may only notice that there is a white shirt with the "global" design and a black one with the "evening" design.

(2) If you accidentally dry your T-shirt in high heat (not low, as recommended), it will shrink about half an inch in width and two inches in length. If you are fashion-challenged and tend to buy your clothes too big for you, this will result in a proper-fitting shirt.

Anyway, the shirts are awesome, and I will now have to order a large men's T-shirt to complete my wardrobe!

December 19, 2006 at 08:51 AM · For the love of all that is cotton, don't put a nice V.com T-shirt in the blast furnace that is an american dryer.

December 19, 2006 at 03:57 PM · Just ordered mine! I think it is my second or third christmas present to myself....oooohhh. I'm so bad....But I wanted one.

Thank you for giving us an opporitunity to support this site, and get something cool at the same time.

Sals,

JW

December 19, 2006 at 09:09 PM · Jennifer L, oh dear! Indeed, the women's are the fitted designer T-shirts; I wash mine in the machine in cold and then hang it over a chair to dry. Actually, I did dry it once and it was okay, but I'd washed it in cold. Do you have a teenage student that might like it...? :)

December 19, 2006 at 09:21 PM · Bleh. T-shirts are passe. Let's all get the logo tattooed.

December 19, 2006 at 10:35 PM · "Just ordered mine! I think it is my second

or third christmas present to

myself....oooohhh."

Hey.... gifts to ourselves are very important! I'd like to give myself a Luis Clark carbon-fiber violin... but guess I'll have to settle for the tshirt too. :)

Happy Holiday everyone!

Katie

January 9, 2007 at 04:58 PM · Nice shirt Laurie--mine arrived today.

January 9, 2007 at 06:04 PM · I have worn mine proudly, several times. In fact, I have been told that I am full of shirt. Oh well, shirt happens.

Sandy

January 9, 2007 at 06:45 PM · I couldn't help to put mine on for a little while, but I'm saving it fer go to meet'n days. Anybody have hints on washing them to maintain the v.com hero, I mean logo.

February 13, 2007 at 06:14 AM · Hiya! Wow, haven't been around for a while (I'm currently in my second semster of grad work, so there ya go...) It's great news about the shirts, they look awesome!

Any chance you're going to get more Small's in the womens white shirt, though?? (And, just to double-check, what would be the standard measurements for a small as opposed to a medium??)

Thanks a bunch! It's good to be back for a bit... :)

Sarah

February 13, 2007 at 06:51 AM · And Laurie, what about having more options in like either logo on either color and etc....

February 13, 2007 at 01:42 PM · I agree...I think the globe logo would look really good on a black t-shirt =)

February 13, 2007 at 02:49 PM · Opposite Colors:

http://i5.tinypic.com/4060cq0.jpg

http://i5.tinypic.com/4dgoepl.jpg

February 14, 2007 at 09:46 AM · If I had a choice, I would opt for "Violinist.com" in webpage font, with fiddledude, in white on rust, small, in the upper middle of the front of the shirt.

But I like my black one just fine. It came out of the dryer just fine, too. I was excited to see that the logo isn't rubbing off, and the black is still black after two months of washing. Thanks, Laurie!

Now, could you offer it in a long sleeve version for cold-weather people? :)

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Yamaha Silent Violin
Yamaha Silent Violin

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

ArmSymphony AI Violin Competition
ArmSymphony AI Violin Competition

Find a Summer Music Program
Find a Summer Music Program

Violinist.com Business Directory
Violinist.com Business Directory

AVIVA Young Artist Program

Antonio Strad Violin

Bay Fine Strings Violin Shop

Bobelock Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Los Angeles Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Violin-Strings.com

Metzler Violin Shop

Leatherwood Bespoke Rosin

Warchal

Barenreiter

Johnson String Instrument and Carriage House Violins

Potter Violins

String Masters

Bein & Company

Annapolis Bows & Violins

Laurie's Books

Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn

Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine

Subscribe