Find a Summer Music Program 2022
March 4, 2022, 4:32 PM ·
Are you looking for a program this summer that will inspire and boost your playing, or that of your students? Violinist.com seeks to connect you to high-quality summer camps and programs that are offering their programs in-person or virtually this summer. Our "Find a Summer Music Program" listings include programs for many different ages and styles for violinists and string players. We invite you to click around and learn more about each of these programs - each is linked to the program's website for more information. This directory will be posted on Violinist.com through March and April, then revised in May for later summer programs. You will be able to return to this page by clicking the "Find a Summer Music Program" graphic that is listed with our sponsors on the right of the page (on desktop) or bottom of the page (on mobile). Wishing you a productive summer full of musical connection and exploration!
Creative Strings WorkshopIn-Person and Online
- Founded by Christian Howes, Creative Strings Workshop offers Online and Live Workshops for bowed string players age 10 through professional. Explore improvisation in Folk, Jazz, Latin, Rock, Pop, etc. For student, amateur, and pro players. Become versatile, creative, and fulfilled in your practice, teaching, and/or career. Multiple dates this summer!
Music Mastery ExperienceOnline
- Transform your practice & achieve consistent peak performance! Inside this life-changing program, you’ll discover how to implement mindful and effective practice techniques and get incredible results. You’ll walk away feeling confident to perform onstage, in every area of your music-career, and in life. For musicians and teachers (18+) of all levels.
Chamber Music Institute/So CalIn-Person
- CMIsc provides five in-person, coached rehearsals and a concert July 7-24 in Cerritos, Irvine and Placentia, California. We welcome young-minded musicians ages 8-88 into our musical community. Tuition is $125. Application due by April 15. Acceptance based on teacher recommendation and audition by May 1. Mozart String Quartets and improvisation.
Aria International Summer AcademyIn-Person
- Intensive boot camp for violinists ages 16-28. Session 1: June 22-July 7, 2022. Session 2: July 9-24, 2022. Held at Mount Holyoke College, South Hadley, MA. Daily master classes and 8 private lessons per session.
Inside Music AcademyHybrid
- Our popular, weekly virtual (and in-person) sessions for strings and piano offer students from age 8 through college (as well as adult amateur) an exciting way to keep music alive and thriving in your household. Amazing teachers from Curtis, Juilliard, Oberlin and more. Each week has different class content - pick one week or sign up for the whole summer. Daily solo performance opportunities, orchestral and chamber music, and weekly projects.
Summer Violin BootcampOnline
- A seven-week online Bootcamp led by Dr. Lynn Kuo for Classical, upper-level violinists motivated to Become a Violin Ninja! Includes: Private lessons, Masterclasses with guest artists, Group classes, Guided practice sessions, Special workshops. Enroll now: get free bonus lessons starting in April! Class times accommodate international time zones when possible.
Los Angeles Suzuki InstituteIn-Person
- Los Angeles Suzuki Institute is a Suzuki music summer program for students (5-18yo, beginner-advanced), parents & teachers. Student Programs for violin, viola, cello, bass, guitar & piano are in-person at Pitzer College in Claremont, California from June 20-24, 2022. Teacher Training will be online June 17-25, 2022, Pacific Time Zone.
George Mason University Strings CampsIn-Person
(June 27-August 5) Mason Community Arts Academy offers strings camps taught by Mason faculty and renowned teaching artists. Connect with fellow driven string musicians (ages 8-18) in one of our five comprehensive programs that offer orchestral experiences, chamber music, and masterclasses. Strengthen your technical foundation and performance skills!
Fulton Summer Music AcademyIn-Person
- FSMA is an intensive training program for pre-college through pre-professional classical violinists, violists, and cellists who are not only driven musicians but who aspire to lead in any field they choose. FSMA is held in-person in Chicago from July 3 to 30 with hybrid and online options also available.
Mike Block String CampIn-Person
- Annual summer workshop for string players of all ages and backgrounds, focusing on non-Classical traditions and contemporary musical styles, with emphasis on learning by ear, creativity, collaboration, and performance.
AVIVA Young Artists ProgramOnline
- The Junior Intensive is a half-day, zoom-based program based on our popular Intensive Week Program. It provides a curated and enriching experience of private lessons, technique class, improvisation and performance experiences for violinists working at RCM levels 5-7. Runs 9:15 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Eastern time.
Strathgheny School of Scottish FiddlingHybrid
- Scottish Fiddling - traditional and modern - and its techniques, ornamentations, interpretations, and rhythmic nuances. Learning by ear, and by how to interpret traditional notation. Two private lessons included. Taught by two Scottish fiddling pedagogues. For fiddlers, violinists, violists, and cellists ages 14-104. July 10-16. Westminster College, Pennsylvania. Eastern time zone.
Mark Wood Rock Orchestra Camp (MWROC)In-Person
- July 10-16, 2022. Age range: 7th grade to adult. Classes include improvisation, composing, arranging, video and audio production, singing, movement, acting, and much more. Catapult your skills to a new level while creating lifelong friends and colleagues. MWROC is open to students, educators, hobbyists, and professionals alike.
Colorado Chamber Music InstituteIn-Person
- Colorado Chamber Music Institute is designed for advanced teenage violin, viola, cello, flute and guitar students who are interest in expanding their chamber music training. From June 17-25, 2022, students will have the opportunity to work with members of the Lux Quartet in the picturesque setting of Beaver Creek, Colorado!
Oberlin Viola Workshop with Peter SlowikHybrid
- June 26 - July 2, 2022. Two tracks: professionals ages 20-26; violists ages 13-18. Peter Slowik's teaching brings into focus the intersection of music, physical motion, and viola technique—where energy can flow unimpeded.
All participants: • warm-up sessions • technique sessions and master classes. In-person participants: • private lesson • viola ensemble rehearsals
Sounding Point Academy at the Colburn SchoolIn-Person
- Founded by Robert Lipsett and Fabiola Kim, the Sounding Point Academy seeks to nurture the next generation of musical leaders. During this two-week in-person program, students will have opportunities to perform for the world’s leading artists and master the intricacies of orchestral excerpts and technical aspects of violin performance.
Greater Washington Suzuki InstituteHybrid
- June 20-24, 2022: Courses for violin, cello, viola and bass. Daily masterclasses and repertoire classes, as well as music reading games, orchestra, music theory, chamber music and fiddling electives. Special masterclasses by Augustin Hadelich and Sirena Huang!Teacher training includes ECC, Violin Units 1, 2, 3 and 4; Cello Units 1 and 2; and Enrichment Courses with Dr. Terry Durbin, Dr. Shu-Yi Scott, and Daina Volodka Staggs.
Colburn Summer Chamber Music IntensiveIn-Person
- The Colburn Summer Chamber Music Intensive provides focused ensemble playing for the serious chamber music student. Students will learn a complete chamber work, receive coachings from Colburn faculty, participate in master classes, and more!
String Crossings CampIn-Person
- Belmont University’s annual week-long summer camp is where current high school string students learn and perform various styles of music, including classical, jazz, rock, celtic, swing, and bluegrass. Study with Belmont's world renowned faculty, explore creative musicianship and technique in all styles, participate in interactive performances, and make music with new friends! June 26-July 1, 2022 in Nashville, TN.
- NYU SummerStrings is a wonderful experience for promising young musicians, offering the highest level of training through private lessons, masterclasses and creative performance classes in Greenwich Village, New York City. Our SummerStrings 2022 workshops are both in-person and online, welcoming serious violinists, violists, cellists, and bassists ages 12+.
Ashokan Music and Dance CampsIn-Person
- Ashokan Music & Dance Camps take place in a beautiful natural setting with flexible pricing that includes camping and meals. Private rooms and bunks are also available on site. Families and folks of all ages are welcome. Campers under 18 must attend with a parent or guardian.
Japan-Seattle Suzuki InstituteHybrid
- Japan-Seattle Suzuki Institute welcomes all violin, viola & cello students (pre twinkle-advanced) ages 2-18yo, parents & teachers. Robust Violin & SECE Teacher Workshop offerings both in person at Seattle Pacific University and online. Student Program August 1-5, Teacher Workshops July 25-August 5, 2022.
Our "Find a Summer Music Program" directory will be promoted through April and then revised in May. If you would like to purchase a sponsored listing to promote your summer music program, please click here. Thank you for supporting Violinist.com!
This article has been archived and is no longer accepting comments.