Find a Summer Music Program 2021
Are you looking for a program this summer that will inspire and boost your playing, or that of your students? Violinist.com seeks to connect you to high-quality programs that are offering their programs virtually or in-person this summer. Our "Find a Summer Music Program" listings include programs for many different ages and styles for violinists and string players. We invite you to click around and learn more about each of these programs - each is linked to the program's website for more information. This directory will be posted on Violinist.com through March and April, then revised in May for later summer programs. You will be able to return to this page by clicking the "Find a Summer Music Program" graphic that is listed with our sponsors on the right or bottom of the page. Wishing you a productive summer full of musical connection and exploration!
Mike Block String CampOnline
- July 5-10, 2021, for string players of all ages, levels, and backgrounds, focusing on non-Classical traditions and contemporary musical styles, with emphasis on learning by ear, creativity, collaboration, and performance.
Inside Music AcademyOnline
- IMA runs weekly sessions for strings and piano, starting at $420. Our robust (and fun) classes, featured in the New York Times, range from Chamber Music, and private teachers are cream-of-the-crop - Curtis and Juilliard to Rice and Northwestern. Weekly sessions run from June 21- August 13, ages 8-post college. Back for our second year, we are ready to challenge ourselves, laugh, and make new friends.
The Music Mastery ExperienceOnline
- Transform your practice and achieve consistent peak performance! Inside this 3-month experience, you’ll discover how to implement mindful & effective practice techniques and get results. You’ll walk away feeling that your music-making is meaningful, enjoyable and impactful! The Music Mastery Experience is for musicians and teachers (18+) of all levels.
StringsPop! Pop Music Arranging for Teens and TweensOnline
- StringsPop! is an experiential romp through applied music theory and literacy in the form of Pop Music Arranging for string instruments. Students ages 10-17 will have daily classes, recording assignments, group collaborations, teacher feedback, and exclusive materials to make multi-track music video arrangement projects. Online camp held July 12-23, 2021.
String Summit Online: Strings Without BoundariesOnline
- 07/08/2021—07/11/2021. Explore new techniques, genres, creativity, amplification, and much more! All classes a la carte. World class faculty: Julie Lyonn Lieberman • Tracy Silverman • Sara Caswell • Vi Wickam • Jeremy Cohen • Abby Newton • Chris Haigh • Donna Hebert • Joe Deninzon • Alissa Jackman • Joy Adams • Chris Murphy • Enion Pelta. All ages, levels welcome.
Bard Precollege Summer Music AcademyOnline
- DATES: July 12-17, 2021
TIME: 12-4pm ET
Open to Advanced Violin & Piano Students Ages 11-18
A select group of precollege aged students (chosen by audition) will work closely with faculty and distinguished guests artists in daily lessons, technique classes, and masterclasses.
Fulton Summer Music AcademyHybrid
- The Fulton Summer Music Academy is an intensive training program for serious string players taught by world-class faculty. Masterclinicians this year include Gil Shaham, Jorja Fleezanis, Karen Ritscher, and Edward Arron. Pre-college through pre-professional. Lessons, journaling, studio and technique classes, essays, non-performances classes, and on-call faculty during practicing. Apply today!
Greater Washington Suzuki InstituteOnline
- Join us online for our Student Institute June 21-25 and Teacher Training June 18-27. String students ages 4-18 and all levels are welcome. Flexible scheduling for different time zones. Program includes masterclasses, technique/repertoire, fiddling, jazz improvisation, theory/music reading games, Rhythm, Rhythm Revolution and artist seminar for advanced students. With special guest masterclass, performance and Q&A by Augustin Hadelich.
- We offer the highest level of training for entrance auditions, orchestral auditions, and competitions, equipping you with the skills to forge ahead with confidence! Two private lessons per week, daily interactive seminars and masterclasses, and streaming performance opportunities. Both sessions, June 28 - July 9 and July 12-23, held remotely.
Los Angeles Suzuki InstituteOnline
- The Los Angeles Suzuki Institute is online from June 14-18, with student classes for Suzuki violin, viola, cello, piano and guitar students of all levels from beginning to advanced. Classes include semi-private lessons, chamber music, technique, fiddling, Dalcroze, improv, composition, origami, art and more! Classes held in Pacific Standard Time. Registration is open now.
Summer Violin Bootcamp with Dr. LynnOnline
- Become a Violin Ninja in 8 weeks! Summer Violin Bootcamp with Dr. Lynn Kuo. An online program for Classical violinists at an upper-intermediate/advanced level. July 5 - August 28, 2021. Develop greater technical ease. Increase your practice efficiency. Find greater musical expression. Build confidence under pressure. Enroll now for Early Bonuses!
JDR Viola Zoom ClinicOnline
- Ronald Houston, director.
• June 21-25,2021.
• 2 hours/day in the morning.
• Technique, Interpretation, Master Class
Rocky Mountain Fiddle CampIn-Person
- One week (or two) of study and fun with World-class artists! Many staff styles of fiddle, plus banjo, mandolin, cello, bagpipes, piano and more. Classes by day, jams, concerts and dances at night. In the beautiful Rocky Mountains outside of Colorado Springs. Discounts available.
Creative Strings Workshop with Christian HowesOnline
- For pro, amateur,& teachers: 7-week course with violinist Christian Howes focuses on improvisation, eclectic styles, & more through live group classes, unlimited personal feedback, private lessons,et al. Highly Recommended for elite pros, adult learners, & proficient teens looking to develop confidence, creativity, and inspiration. See testimonials on page.
The Violin IntensiveOnline
- After an extremely successful 2020 Violin Intensive, Elizabeth Faidley and Amy Beth Horman (of MSM and SFCM) are bringing back 3 sessions for 2021, open to violinist all over the world. Two lessons/week, studio classes, the famous Violin Breakfast, Practice Paradise, yoga, and much more!
Violin and Viola Boot Camp "The Original"Hybrid
- Presented by Fiddlers Too Inc and City Music Center at Duquesne University, with Charles and Rachel Stegeman. Offering 4 weekly sessions, half day and single days available. Beginners through advanced, with personalized coaching, group technical work, performance opportunities, daily masterclass, all in a positive non-competitive environment.
SoCal Chamber Music WorkshopIn-Person
- July 25-31, 2021 at Scripps College in Claremont, CA.
A program of intensively enjoyable chamber music coaching and performance for preformed groups only, under strict COVID protection guidelines.
Featured coaching quartets are the exciting Telegraph and Catalyst. Jazz chamber music is also an option.
Apply online at socalchambermusic.com
Chamber Music Institute/So CalIn-Person
- FREE tuition to celebrate our 25th summer of four outdoor coached classes July 6-20 for intermediate and advanced violinists, violists, cellists (string quartets) of all ages. July 20 performance at the Nixon Library. Audition for placement in a group matching your skill level and experience; choose rehearsal time/location.
Chicago International Music InstituteOnline
- String players and pianists (HS through college aged) are invited to apply to Chicago International Music Institute (August 4-14). Students will take individual private lessons and attend lectures and master classes presented by Roosevelt University's world-class piano and strings artist faculty through remote technology. Delivered remotely via Zoom (central time zone).
- July 5-17 (EST), ages 13-25. Mix and match to create your dream festival! SEMINARS: Study chamber music, attend master classes, perform with Arianna, Callisto, Fry Street, and Jasper String Quartets. PRIVATE LESSONS: Lessons, master classes, performance opportunities with acclaimed Credo Faculty. COACH-AT-HOME: Your ensemble coached by Credo faculty
The String Connection Virtual Violin Festival 2021Online
- The String Connection Virtual Violin Festival June 14-25, 2021. Inviting advanced students ages 15-20 to study and engage with world class artist faculty. Pacific Time Zone. Classical. Space is limited.
Blazing Fiddles CampIn-Person
- Blazing Fiddles is a fun fiddling environment for fostering musical excellence! Students will learn new tunes, work on improvising, music theory, harmony, accompaniment, and receive coaching on repertoire. Blazing Fiddles features a Teen Camp 1-4pm (ages 12-17) and a Youth Camp 9am-Noon (ages 7-12) at The Gressiwick in Downtown Loveland, CO. August 2nd-6th.
Starling-DeLay Violin SymposiumOnline
- The Starling-DeLay Symposium on Violin Studies is taking place virtually from Tuesday, June 22 – Friday, June 25, 2021 (ET). A 4-day online seminar for professional violinists, teachers, post-graduate, and college students. Participants observe all master classes, attend recitals, and participate in workshops designed to help teachers refine their pedagogical skills.
The Josef Gingold Chamber Music Festival of MiamiOnline
- July 11 – August 1, 2021. The Josef Gingold Chamber Music Festival under the leadership of Artistic and Music Director Andrés Cárdenes, offers an exciting online program that offers the advanced instrumentalist private lessons, studio classes, master classes, weekly forums on diverse musical topics with Faculty and Young Artist performances.
Japan-Seattle Suzuki InstituteOnline
- Seattle’s premier summer institute since 1988, for string players 0-18! Join us Aug 2-6 for an inspiring blend of musical excellence, learning, and connection! Master-level Suzuki instructors plus Juilliard’s Amy Barston and Concertmaster Jeff Thayer. Teacher workshops, parent programs, and guest appearance by renowned cellist and trainer, Nakajima Sensai.
Our "Find a Summer Music Program" directory will be promoted through April and then revised in May. If you would like to purchase a sponsored listing to promote your summer music program, please click here. Thank you for supporting Violinist.com!
This article has been archived and is no longer accepting comments.