March 12, 2007 at 7:03 PMI did a complete reboot of my computer. Wiped it empty and re-installed Windows. I am so excited now, after the first three days of frantic and frustrated re-programing of software and checking hardware....because my recording equipment and programs and plugins are working now! For the last three years or so they have been buggy. Not lining up and loosing time and making clicky sounds. So I recorded a few of my original quartets last night....and it was so easy! I recorded the tracks and they were in the right place without having to cut and past beats and do massive editing!!! I'm really excited now about recording more. I have 12 full quartets to my name and want to get decent recordings of them all. My new project. I have to do the cello part on the viola, arrange a "viola2" part. SOmetimes I leave it in regester, and sometimes I drop it the octave after recording it, and it has a kind of cello-istic timbre. But that kind of makes the vibrato weird and the smootheness ofsound is lost. Anyhow. I think I might post my chaconne. It is for two violins and two violas....
Having a fun day,
hmm. I'm going to try something with the cello part. I'll post it later :)
This entry has been archived and is no longer accepting comments.
Violinist.com is made possible by...
Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.