Written by Zlata Brouwer
Published: February 19, 2014 at 11:22 AM [UTC]
How to 'get' that high note in tune confidently?
In this video I share with you 9 tips to make your position play more confident, more in tune and less scary.
1) Learn every position separately (one by one, one step at a time and train it in scales and exercises
2) Change positions slow and lazy (like a cat that leaps)
3) Keep training your position play, maintain your technique
4) Every change is different and should by practiced separately
5) Use 'in between' or 'help' notes
6) Change positions with your whole arm, not just one finger
7) Find reference points on the violin, so you always know where you are and where you are going
8) Choose handy fingerings
9) Don't jump, do it smart
Is this video useful to you? Please let me know in the comments!
PS: Do you have questions for me on violin or viola playing? Post a comment below or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
This entry has been archived and is no longer accepting comments.
Violinist.com is made possible by...
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases
Violinist.com Summer Music Programs Directory
Johnson String Instrument/Carriage House Violins
Discover the best of Violinist.com in these collections of editor Laurie Niles' exclusive interviews.
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 1, with introduction by Hilary Hahn
Violinist.com Interviews Volume 2, with introduction by Rachel Barton Pine