New Years Resolutions (Happy New Year)

January 1, 2018, 7:25 AM · Annndddd welcome to 2018!

I've now been in Violinist.com for a good year or so without being taken down yet, and I'm sure glad.

Let's start off with some new Year's Resolutions:

1. Let's start with improving my spiccato each time I play it

2. Actually trying to read my sheet music? I've always kinda like skimmed the music for orchestra and played it. Sometimes I end up playing 'solos' because of that.

3. And learn to clean up my mess in my room so my mother won't donate another of my violins

That's it for y'all.

Happy New Year guys!

Violin Kiddu

Replies (7)

January 1, 2018, 10:35 AM · Happy new year of 2018 to all. I don't really have many resolutions, just long-term things to work on:
1. eliminate procrastination and fantasizing/daydreaming
2. wake up earlier
3. study as best as I can
January 1, 2018, 11:20 AM · I actually have a formal list of resolutions, which I call my "Transformation Plan 2018." Each of the following goals has several enumerated points: 1) Be a better Father, 2) Be a better Son, 3) Be a better Friend, 4) Health and Wellness, 5) Career strategy.

Funny enough, although in my mind I have pretty elaborated goals for 6) Be a better Musician, the only thing I actually listed for that goal is PRACTICE EVERY DAY.

January 2, 2018, 10:41 AM · My violin resolutions:
1. continue improving my intonation
2. be more patient with myself and the process of learning (I still want to be further ahead of where I am - enjoy where I'm at now)
3. play for friends and family

That's it. Not too tall an order ;)

January 2, 2018, 11:07 AM · Five years ago to this day, I vowed that I was going to start playing the violin again!

This year, I'm contemplating resolving to get up an hour early every morning so that I can be sure to actually practice on a daily basis.

January 2, 2018, 11:33 AM · My new year's resolution is to never make any new year's resolutions.
Which is very similar to the Henny Youngman joke:
Patient: "Nobody pays any attention to me."
Psychiatrist: "Next!"
January 2, 2018, 1:05 PM · Lydia, you get post of the day!

"... I'm contemplating resolving ...."

One never wants to commit to a resolution too hastily!

;^)

January 2, 2018, 1:10 PM · Congratulations Lydia! If I can be in four years where you are now, I'll be a contented woman!

Love your "contemplating resolving" statement, that's awesome.

Here at work today everyone is talking about what new non-diet-diet that they are on, it's pretty hilarious.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Metzler Violin Shop
Metzler Violin Shop

Yamaha YEV Series Violin
Yamaha YEV Series Violin

Dimitri Musafia
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases