Introducing myself

December 22, 2017, 9:45 AM · Hello fellow violinists!

My name is Tom, and I’m a 25 yo violinist in the St. Louis MO area. Music is my life, and this is all I’ve been doing to make a living for the past 2 years.

My goal for 2018 is to be the busiest strolling violinist in St. Louis.
I also do string quartet arrangements (have done 70 total over the years) and play electric violin. I play for local orchestras, churches, and am a member of the Landolfi Quartet.

Feel free to introduce yourself in your reply. Look forward to meeting you all!

Replies (5)

December 22, 2017, 9:50 AM · Hi Tom, I'm Ken. I'm a newby to Violinist.com. 48 living in Idaho. Played from elementary school into my mid 20's then took some time away. Started playing again this summer
Edited: December 22, 2017, 10:15 AM · Welcome! I'm just a guy who's here to share my voice on violin-related topics. There's plenty of like-minded people to interact with on this website. Plus, there's many violists who love to hang out on here because they're very close to us violinists (the closest, as you all know), as well as many violinists who play other instruments.
December 22, 2017, 11:00 AM · Seasons Greetings to Tom Winter and welcome.

Would enjoy reading some of your thoughts on and experiences with professional busking.

December 23, 2017, 5:11 AM · Glad to see you here! I am a little more of a lurker but I go through periods that I post a good amount too! Since I like to lurk I always enjoy seeing new people posting as this community is fairly small. Hopefully we hear some great stories and experiences from you!
Edited: December 23, 2017, 10:43 AM · Serious amateur here. Started playing in elementary school -- with the dream of becoming a professional symphony player. Completed a performance degree but decided at 21 y/o not to go into the music business after all.

Did a couple of seasons in the CSO's training school, starting in late teens; but I could see, by 21, that orchestra playing really didn't suit my personality and temperament. I've listened to this kind of music since early childhood, but now I keep finding new reasons to be thankful I didn't go into this profession.

My preferred setups these days are violin/piano, violin/guitar, and small chamber. I practice and play between 2 and 3 hours a day -- that's about all I can fit in.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Metzler Violin Shop
Metzler Violin Shop

Jameasy
Jameasy

Yamaha YEV Series Violin
Yamaha YEV Series Violin