Old Violin House active?

December 6, 2017, 9:59 AM · I've read some positive things about Old House Violins, so I decided to look around. From what I've seen, they are primarily an eBay store, but more recently opened up there own storefront site via Oviolin.com. It looks like they had a sale in September, and have yet to update their inventory (every instrument is sold). Are they still active? I tried emailing and messaging via their Facebook page, but no luck. I also noticed an AliExpress storefront with the same name, and, seemingly, same instruments but a message from that page said they're not affiliated with Oviolin.com (which seems to be the original Old Violin House).

Any of you know if they're still active? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

Replies (5)

December 6, 2017, 12:19 PM · Maybe the factory workers went on strike over the crummy wages!!
Edited: December 6, 2017, 2:49 PM · Sure, that's a possibility. I've gotten the impression, by reading previous posts, that their instruments are on par with instruments sold in the US under other 'brand' names that end up costing hundreds more. I know they've got to be set up, so that's a cost I've already considered.
December 6, 2017, 4:03 PM · "Maybe the factory workers went on strike over the crummy wages!!"
Are they allowed to have strikes?
December 6, 2017, 4:09 PM · When the boss strikes them!!
December 7, 2017, 7:54 AM · Oviolin.com (original OVH) emailed me back saying they're currently out of stock, but will be taking custom orders in the next month.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music

Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition

Pirastro Strings

International Violin Competition of Indianapolis

Yamaha V3 Series Violin

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Metzler Violin Shop

Gliga Violins

Corilon Violins

Meadowmount School of Music