Looking for Christmas Music

November 15, 2017, 2:42 PM · Hello, all!

I'm on the hunt for some Christmas music that has an alto, baritone, and violin part. Am I asking for too much? :) Church appropriate, please, as we'll be performing this during an LDS sacrament meeting.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Replies (3)

November 15, 2017, 3:50 PM · I'd look on Musescore for tunes or hymns that you might want to play. String trios or even quartets might be adaptable to what you're doing.
November 15, 2017, 3:51 PM · Look for duets with the appropriate voice parts and piano accompaniment; take your violin part from the right hand of the piano.
Edited: November 15, 2017, 9:14 PM · I'm not familiar with the LDS hymnal, but I know the Catholic Book of Worship and Gather contain many advent/Christmas tunes with parts already arranged in 3/4 part harmony with accompaniment.

Maybe ask your church organist if you can borrow the accompanists copy of for a day and make some copies. The perk to this is that those in attendance may already be familiar with the arrangements. From there you can play a vocal line or, as Mary Ellen recommended, the right hand of the piano.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music

Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition

Pirastro Strings

International Violin Competition of Indianapolis

Yamaha V3 Series Violin

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Metzler Violin Shop

Gliga Violins

Corilon Violins

Meadowmount School of Music