Online Teachers

November 13, 2017, 12:31 PM · I am an advanced player with very little experience in the past 15 years or so. I have moved to a culturally void area in the middle of nowhere but would love to improve my playing to where it used to be.

Does anyone here give or know someone who gives lessons online via Skype or Facetime, etc.? Or have any ideas on alternatives?

Desperate for a coach.....

Replies (4)

November 13, 2017, 1:32 PM · I don't have any direct recommendations but i know this has been discussed before and good options have popped up. Try a site search for online/skype teachers.
Edited: November 13, 2017, 2:50 PM · I have not taken on-line lessons but my adult son has - from Darol Anger at Artistworks.com. Those are "fiddling" lessons rather than "violin." Since my son has given me access to his interactions with Anger, I see how it can work and the clarity of the transmissions to and from that site.

Nathan Cole, 1st Associate Concertmaster of the LA Philharmonic teaches classical violin at Artistworks. com ( http://artistworks.com/violin-lessons-nathan-cole ). His qualifications are impeccable. Lydia worked with that link for a while - so she can tell you more. If I were in a position to profit from lessons and did not have access to local professional teachers that is where I would go.

Both Anger and Cole have resumes (and more) on line.

November 13, 2017, 8:54 PM · ArtistWorks is not really lessons, so much as "post a video to eventually get back comments on it". It's not really the right choice for a student who is looking for regular teaching.

I know my teacher, Emil Chudnovsky (who teaches advanced players, up to the DMA level), offers lessons by Skype, but I'm not sure about the circumstances under which he does that. If you contact me through the site I can give you his email address.

Many of the teachers who offer Skype lessons teach mostly beginners. If you're looking for teachers who offer lessons for advanced players, I would look primarily at university professors or full-time symphony players who offer lessons via Skype.

November 14, 2017, 5:47 AM · My teacher and his teaching/business partner offer online lessons and have a number of advanced students. Have a look here!

https://london.violinschool.com/lessons-coaching/

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music

Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition

Pirastro Strings

International Violin Competition of Indianapolis

Yamaha V3 Series Violin

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Metzler Violin Shop

Gliga Violins

Corilon Violins