Violin Recording

Edited: November 13, 2017, 7:42 AM · I have been writing music with a very acoustic bent to it and have wondered if I could incorporate violin into some of it.
Very sparse in classical terms.

My most recent song is a collaborative effort with a vocalist/lyricist called " Harvest Time". I played the bouzoukis, percussion and guitars.Did all the mixing on it.

This is the lossy mp3 version. I have the better version in my studio.I only ask you repsect that this is my material and don't distribute it. Listening is fine.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_oTCbD2TvP6vQwpEq-iznLWAvUwQ7FzA
If you hear a part in this and might be interested in recording it, let me know.

I am still learning violin and am not quite up to snuff on it yet nor do I have a way to record the instrument in a way I'm happy with as of now. Until I get better I'm looking for the occasional violin solo.

If you can make a quality wav file and record it separate from this track I would like to talk with you, and/or if you might be interested in future projects of mine give me a shout. Thanks!

I can't guarantee I'll use a track, but I most likely will if it fits and mixes well into the music.

Replies (9)

November 13, 2017, 7:43 AM · I'm sorry if you launched a rock track. I changed the link.Should point you to an acoustic track now.
November 13, 2017, 9:27 AM · As an alternative, you could try this app: http://www.violinist.com/blog/laurie/201710/22480/

P.s. nice composition, a violin track here and there would be nice indeed.

November 13, 2017, 9:52 AM · Any direction, hint, idea, upon what the violin should do in this track?
For example: play only in some spots? sort of minisolos? accompainment? Special effects?

Can i try to do something freely, in the meanwhile? :)

Edited: November 13, 2017, 10:01 AM · Thank you Roger.

I have been tempted to buy the Joshua Bell violin.Looks like a wonderful tool.I'll likely eventually have it.

My direction has been to use as many organic as in (real) instruments and players as possible and then I augment with samples. Key word being "augment".

I enjoy hearing others interpretation of a composition and how they might approach adding to it. Much like studio musicians would in a real studio setting.

It can be difficult to record violin well as I am finding out.It isn't enough to simply have great chops. So I guess I'm looking for A. Someone who likes this kind of acoustic music. B. Someone who can play decently well. C. Someone who has an ear to hear parts and add them.D. The ability to record the track dry and send it to me for mixing.

If all else fails, I'll probably use Joshua :O)

November 13, 2017, 10:07 AM · Hi Marco I'm sorry I missed your post.

I can cut out the harp part if you wish.Then you would have the fill solo part. This is a collaboration of sorts so any ideas you may have I'll do my best to accommodate within reason. Feel free to add whatever you think fits well..

If this seems too busy.I can likely make room in the mix.

FYI I'm aware of the small guitar clash at the beginning and some very small rhythm irregularities toward the end.Nothing too overly noticeable. I'll see about those.

November 13, 2017, 10:07 AM · If you will, i can try.
I believe i meet all of your 4-points requirements..... :)

I can't guarantee i have time in this present week to do it, but starting from next tuesday i can try something........

November 13, 2017, 10:18 AM · This is uncanny because the rock track I accidentally posted is called "Next Tuesday" Ha.

I'm not sure what you like to use for file exchange so we keep the particulars off of v.com. I use google drive and I can send you an open folder link if you have an email you don't mind putting up. I have one I seldom use if you want it instead.

November 13, 2017, 3:07 PM · I sent you a Soundcloud message....
November 14, 2017, 5:23 AM · Thank you Marco! I have it!

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music

Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition

Pirastro Strings

International Violin Competition of Indianapolis

Yamaha V3 Series Violin

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Metzler Violin Shop

Gliga Violins

Corilon Violins

Meadowmount School of Music