Please help identifying this chinrest model

Edited: November 12, 2017, 3:59 AM · Hello all ,
Could someone try to identify this chinrest model. It looks like Vermeer , Strobel , Hollywood , but it's non of them , I'm quite sure .

Chinrest

Replies (13)

Edited: November 12, 2017, 4:17 PM · Are you sure it's not a Stuber?

EDIT! https://www.google.com/search?q=violin+chinrest+models&lr=&hl=en&as_qdr=all&tbm=isch&source=iu&pf=m&ictx=1&fir=DbtsOk4aUMR-XM%253A%252CZXqsmpS5jinScM%252C_&usg=__xOR3e_9nOswEpiZ6kyVUmbpIszI%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj3r8yLlbrXAhVCqlQKHfUMCVQQ9QEIXzAJ#imgrc=DbtsOk4aUMR-XM:

November 12, 2017, 7:42 AM · Close to a "hollywood" in many ways.
November 12, 2017, 8:40 AM · Sadly,it's not Stuber also,and yes,looks like Hollywood,right? :) It looks like a mix od those 3 models. And this is the most comfoartable i ever tried in my life.
November 12, 2017, 10:40 AM · teka?
November 12, 2017, 11:32 AM · U know this. It's not either of those models :(
November 12, 2017, 4:01 PM · Guarneri or Hollywood would be my guess.
November 12, 2017, 4:13 PM · or Paganini-- no more guesses for me
November 12, 2017, 7:44 PM · Might be a custom job. Where did you come across it?
November 13, 2017, 4:31 AM · Actually,you might be right. Nowadays different factories make different vermeer models. I just found on one Spanish luthiers site,what I think is the same model and shape I'm looking for. What do you think
https://luthiervidal.com/en/violins-and-accessories/chinrests-protectors-violins/violin-chinrest-vermeer-boxwood-34-44.html
November 13, 2017, 12:02 PM · That looks like my in-house made chin-rest from the Weisshaar shop, LA. It is probably the same as the Hollywood chin rest.
November 17, 2017, 1:17 PM · Us bearded people are always especially particular in our choices of chinrests :) I've taken to modifying standard chinrests to find something that works for me.
November 17, 2017, 3:11 PM · Guanneri? Really? It seems more smooth and rounded, less sharp and pointy.
November 17, 2017, 3:35 PM · Looks like the one I use and I completely forgot the brand name. My body geometry loves it but some people tuck my violin under their chin and the look on their face is priceless.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music

Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition

Pirastro Strings

International Violin Competition of Indianapolis

Yamaha V3 Series Violin

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Metzler Violin Shop

Gliga Violins

Corilon Violins

Meadowmount School of Music