Mobilesheets

November 9, 2017, 11:10 PM · I am using Mobilesheets in a 10.1 tablet. It is convenient to some point although I prefer paper music by far. My main issue is with the display option. I prefer to have the tablet in landscape and to fill width so I can read the music from further but if you do it advancing in the bars is not convenient. The program is designed to advance pages by halfs and it even lets you configure where are the halfs, but that has a lot of errors (in the page you configure goes well but the next it cuts a bar or leaves one out).
The automatic scrolling needs to know in advance how long you are taking. Good for the performance but not so for practice when you may be stuck for minutes figuring out some parts.
It seems that with a pedal (still haven't one) you can configure how much it will advance, with more flexibility that touching the screen. That (I think) is awkward, there should be the same option (advance 20% the screen) when touching, but I cannot find it. Am I missing anything in the settings?
Do you use your ipad or tablet in portrait or landscape (maybe I'm the weird one for prefering landscape...)

A rant: The convenience of the tablet, its portability gets quite handicapped if you also have to carry the pedal between places...

P.S. Looking forward the GVIDO

Replies (2)

November 9, 2017, 11:36 PM · I've conducted some concerts and musicals using an iPad Pro 12.9" in portrait view and a bluetooth page turner, with the ForScore app. It's superb!
November 12, 2017, 6:42 PM · I was thinking of trying MobileSheets too, but I haven't got around to it yet. I think portrait mode would be better than landscape.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music

Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition

Pirastro Strings

International Violin Competition of Indianapolis

Yamaha V3 Series Violin

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Metzler Violin Shop

Gliga Violins

Corilon Violins

Meadowmount School of Music