Eastman cadenza 302 carbon fiber bow and others

November 9, 2017, 8:27 AM · I have a Cadenza 302 which I like. However I would like to know how it compares with other carbon fiber bows. I am aware of various differences, e.g. Violin, technique, ability etc. there are many opinions but I would like to hear from someone who knows. I am talking about playability.

Replies (2)

Edited: November 9, 2017, 11:40 AM · For the price of the 302 you are probably getting a decent bow. I have the 305 and I like it a lot. In fact I have four of them (my bow, my daughter's bow, a spare bow, and a viola bow). But for the price of the 302 you're not going to get pernambuco cladding or silver mount. Nickel mount is just fine.

There have been so many CF bow threads. Folks are willing to help out, but also try the search bar. I was getting serious deja vu here until I realized the previous thread on this topic was yours also.

http://www.violinist.com/discussion/thread.cfm?page=683

November 11, 2017, 3:08 PM · I use a Cadenza, although I don't know what model it is. My other carbon fiber bow is a Jon Paul Bravo, which I find to be less clean and not as responsive as the Cadenza.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music

Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition

Pirastro Strings

International Violin Competition of Indianapolis

Yamaha V3 Series Violin

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Metzler Violin Shop

Gliga Violins

Corilon Violins

Meadowmount School of Music