Carbon Fibre IL

November 7, 2017, 8:55 PM ·

Replies (7)

November 7, 2017, 9:26 PM · What are you trying to say?
November 7, 2017, 9:41 PM · Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It all depends.
November 7, 2017, 10:02 PM · At least we can click and open this thread :D
November 7, 2017, 11:12 PM · All threads can be opened, even if they don't have a title, as long as they're in the list of threads on the discussion board.
November 8, 2017, 1:58 AM · Is that near Carbondale IL?
November 17, 2017, 11:40 PM · I have given similar questions earlier but not this one. I have am trying to find out if I need a rehair. It is slipping only on the “A” string only. My bow was new 1 year ago and I have 400 hours on it. I have tried to get from an opinion whether this suggests it might be time for a rehair in relation to this “mileage”.i am well aware of all the many factors but no one has suggested whether or not Hair lasts this length of time. It has happened gradually over the past 6 weeks. If I put rosin on it the usual way it is good for 2 hours. This suggests to me that the rosin is not sticking as well or as long as it should, therefore worn hair. I have been playing the violin for about 72 years. I have cleaned the hair with a toothbrush and the strings with alcohol. By the way this happens with my other 3 bows!
Any ideas?
Thanks
Terry

Edited: November 18, 2017, 2:17 AM · As far as I've been told, bow hair doesn't wear, it gets dirty and the rosin has trouble sticking, try cleaning your bow hair with soapy hot water(dishwashing soap) let it thoroughly dry and then re rosin and see if that doesn't solve the problem. One expert I know claims that as long as the hair hasn't broken, and there is enough hair it can be rejuvenated by this method, I have had some success with it, so give it a try, don't use alcohol on the hair.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music

Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition

Pirastro Strings

International Violin Competition of Indianapolis

Yamaha V3 Series Violin

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Metzler Violin Shop

Gliga Violins

Corilon Violins

Meadowmount School of Music