Pieces to Play After Accolay 1 and Mozart 3?

October 29, 2017, 3:23 PM · I'm struggling to decide with my private teacher on what violin solos to start playing after the completion of the Accolay no. 1 in A minor and the Mozart 3 in G Major. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Replies (8)

October 29, 2017, 3:33 PM · If you haven't already played Bach #1 in a minor, you should learn that. I also usually teach DeBeriot #9 and/or Kabalevsky at about this level; I do not usually teach Mozart G until later.
October 29, 2017, 3:46 PM · Ask your teacher for a list of suggestions, listen to them all and pick your faves.
October 29, 2017, 4:06 PM · I agree with Mary Ellen. In fact, there is a significant musical/technical gap between Accolay and Mozart G Major. In addition to Bach A minor and DeBeriot #9 already suggested, one of the Four Seasons by Vivaldi may be worthy of consideration.
October 29, 2017, 6:36 PM · Also, there's tons and tons of other pieces you can learn.
October 30, 2017, 1:46 AM · Severn - Polish Dance
Ten Have - Allegro Brillante
Monti - Czardas
Haydn - G Major
Beethoven - Romance Op. 50
Sarasate - Malaguena
Kreisler - Sicilienne and Rigaudon

October 30, 2017, 12:01 PM · Kabalevsky in C, Haydn in G, and Bach in a would all be helpful. I actually skipped around Kabalevsky in C and never got to really finish it when I switched teachers because she could see the loss of interest in my eyes due to playing the piece for too long--you can also try for Bruch in g or read through some second movements like Wieniawski or Bruch, which is what I did.
November 1, 2017, 12:14 PM · If you haven't done Bach in A Minor, you should do that next. Everyone needs to learn that one (and it's great music too, especially the second movement).

Also, if you haven't done Meditation from Thais yet you should also do that after Bach.

November 1, 2017, 12:17 PM · The last movement of the Bach Double is quite fun!

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music

Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition

Pirastro Strings

International Violin Competition of Indianapolis

Yamaha V3 Series Violin

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Metzler Violin Shop

Gliga Violins

Corilon Violins

Meadowmount School of Music