Violin bows

October 21, 2017, 11:48 AM · Ratings of Cadenza violin bows particularly the 302, which I have, and the others. I play in a small ensemble of 12 but not ready for the road!
Thanks
Terry

Replies (4)

Edited: October 21, 2017, 12:43 PM · There are likely other threads concerning your question. Are you looking to buy a new bow. If so, and If you're looking for a good one, I'd try a variety of affordable bows and pick your fave.
October 21, 2017, 2:18 PM · Looking for info on the playing quality of this bow; good poor or middle. I realize that other factors are involved. No, I am not planning to buy another bow
Thanks for your comment
Terry
October 21, 2017, 2:36 PM · It completly depends on what the bow is used for.
In terms of a professional it would propably rate poor, the price range of a professional however is easily going to 100times your bow. In terms of a beginner it might rate good, depending on the specific bow. There are always differences between bows of the same line.
It depends on so many factors, you, the bow, the violin, the technics you can play, I cannot answer if this bow is good for you.
October 21, 2017, 3:44 PM · Agree with Marc. All you can do is try it out and see.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music

Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition

Pirastro Strings

International Violin Competition of Indianapolis

Yamaha V3 Series Violin

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Metzler Violin Shop

Gliga Violins

Corilon Violins

Meadowmount School of Music