Decent case for a violin

Edited: September 16, 2017, 8:52 PM · Hey everyone!
I'm an amateur violinist and unfortunately, I don't have a lot of luck with choosing a proper case for my violin. I can't really ask my teacher for a case recommendation so I hope to get some help here. Can someone suggest a case(or a manufacturer) I can get(or order from Amazon.com) for around 100$-200$?
Thanks
(If this violates the "No commercial solicitations" rule I'll delete the thread)

Replies (6)

Edited: September 15, 2017, 3:00 PM · My daughter's case is the Embassy Courier Case from Shar. It was $150. This is a really nice violin case. The Courier has a leather neck tie (much better than Velcro and more elegant too), plus the angled layout gives you two nice-sized compartments for your gear. I thought I was getting a better case than hers by spending a little more money. Mine is a $250 Bobelock from JSI, and it's fine (it's a tank), but I'd rather have hers and she won't trade with me.

Below this price range I'm afraid you're going to start to see mostly fiberglass jobs and stuff that is really not made very well. I was surprised how nicely made the Courier was for $150.

September 15, 2017, 9:24 PM · You can get a Bobelock shaped wooden case with suspension for about $110. I don't know how protective it really is, but Bobelock cases are usually of good quality.
Edited: September 15, 2017, 9:42 PM · First of all, I'd like to say that I don't think your thread has violated any rules (please correct me if I'm wrong).
Any case with the following features should be a good fit:
1. it has adequate padding
2. the violin will not rattle in the case in a vehicle
3. the case is sturdy.
I don't think I'm using a very expensive case (it's probably worth less than $100, but I'm not certain), and it serves me well. Also, you can search this site for similar threads, since I'm sure you'll find a ton of them.
September 15, 2017, 11:33 PM · im actually using an AMD case from amazon (bought it because it had a discount) and it holds up really well (it ended up costing 100 instead of 200)
September 16, 2017, 9:13 AM · For your limited budget I too, recommend you purchase a PLYWOOD case made by Bobelock. Stay away from polystyrene lightweight cases. You will be throwing your money away.

Cheers Carlo

Posted under my own FULL name in accordance with the rules of Vcom.

September 16, 2017, 12:27 PM · Check a tonarelli. THey are cheap, but they are sturdy. You might need to do small adjustements to the pad by yourself (in my case, the violin was not floating, so I added a towel under one of the paddings and glued it back)

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music

Pirastro Strings

Coda Bow

Violin Lounge Academy

Yamaha V3 Series Violin

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Metzler Violin Shop

Gliga Violins

Corilon Violins

Leatherwood Bespoke Rosin