Violinmasterclass.com is Still Down

September 5, 2017, 11:39 AM · I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but http://www.violinmasterclass.com/ is down, and has been since at least Thursday of last week (the first time I had tried to access it in a few weeks). I hope it's not gone for good, it was probably the best resource on the internet for violin playing besides the forums here.

Replies (6)

September 5, 2017, 12:08 PM · The videos are still accessible on youtube.
September 6, 2017, 5:46 AM · Could be that Sassmannshaus figured people would watch his videos on YouTube and that his own studio could get the rest of the information some other way. I agree the videos are very instructive.
September 7, 2017, 8:14 PM · I like me the graded repertoire a great deal, I'll have to see if I archived it anywhere. If anyone else did, I'd like a copy if you wouldn't mind.
September 8, 2017, 1:21 AM · Jason, the links to the archived violinmasterclass graded lists are in the References section. Graded repertoire
September 8, 2017, 12:12 PM · The wayback machine! Of course, I should have thought of that. Thank you!
Edited: September 8, 2017, 5:18 PM · Has anybody contacted the site to ask if they've closed it permanently? It could be they just forgot to pay their hosting bill... :)

I've also just noticed that www.starling.org through which the email contact for the violinmasterclass site goes (director@starling.org) is down as well.

Neil

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music

Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition

Pirastro Strings

International Violin Competition of Indianapolis

Yamaha V3 Series Violin

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Metzler Violin Shop

Gliga Violins

Corilon Violins

Meadowmount School of Music