Riboni Zero security comparisong to Uno e Otto

September 1, 2017, 10:52 PM · We are having a lot of case discussions lately, so I thought I would add another one.
I wonder if you got any information to compare the lightweight Uno e Otto to the "normal" Riboni cases. I dont want to compare to other manufacturers, just see how much or if even the light weight costs security on this case special case. Security in terms of mechanical impact and climat.
I did see both products before and I liked both, but of course did not do any bent tests or sth like that as they were not my cases.

Replies (8)

September 1, 2017, 11:01 PM · I'm also quite curious about the "double bubble" design of the Unoeotto in contrast to the flat bases of Riboni's other cases.
Edited: September 2, 2017, 4:12 AM · zero security? should cost zero!
September 2, 2017, 5:35 PM · I'm not sure about that particular model, but I wanted to chime in and say that I have a Riboni Zero86 that I'm quite pleased with. It's quite strong (you can stand on it), it is light, it looks good, it has suspension, and it still looks new (it's not).

I don't hear a lot about Riboni cases for some reason -- I don't think he advertises much.

September 2, 2017, 10:48 PM · I also own a customized Riboni zero86. Love it!

Very strong. You don't hear about them much, because there aren't many resellers in the US, and they are way too expensive than the prices in Europe.

September 3, 2017, 1:55 AM · They are very nice indeed. Even in europe they are not exactly cheap. I think I pay around 800€ for the case you mentioned without any extras.
September 3, 2017, 4:13 AM · Marc,

I paid about 700€ for mine without the VAT. In the US, mine would cost around $1,200.

September 3, 2017, 4:57 AM · Ok, for me there are additional 19% VAT in Germany so you payed about what I would expect. $1200 of course is more expensive.
September 4, 2017, 3:33 PM · I like the construction of the cases, very slim lined which is a cross between Gordge and Musafia. All of their wood cases, like Musafia, have very strong, secure, and lightweight construction.

On a side note, my shop Bay Fine Strings carries Riboni zero series in the USA, and does ship out nationally!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music

Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition

Pirastro Strings

International Violin Competition of Indianapolis

Yamaha V3 Series Violin

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Metzler Violin Shop

Gliga Violins

Corilon Violins

Meadowmount School of Music