Gweedore Brae (sheet music?)

August 24, 2017, 3:17 PM · Hi everyone! I have been looking for ages for the sheet music of this beautiful Irish piece arranged by Heifetz. It's called Gweedore Brae. Apparently there is one library in the US, and the interlibrary loan would be $60 they say... So I am wondering whether anyone has this scanned or something... and would be willing to help a guy out and share.
Thank you so much!
Best,
Paul

Replies (1)

August 25, 2017, 7:41 AM · Paul, Gweedore Brae, as arranged by Heifetz, or possibly by someone else (John Crowther?) for him, is likely to to be in copyright, so that particular sheet music is going to cost whatever, even by inter library loan.

Irish tunes commonly each have several different names, so my search for the original tune found this link: https://thesession.org/tunes/5936. On this link there are three different versions, the sheet music of which can be easily copied and pasted. It's fairly obvious that the Heifetz version is a major elaboration of the original, which is to be expected. However, it is open to anyone to take a lovely traditional tune such as this, play and enjoy it and then compose their own arrangement.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music

Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition

Pirastro Strings

International Violin Competition of Indianapolis

Yamaha V3 Series Violin

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Metzler Violin Shop

Gliga Violins

Corilon Violins

Meadowmount School of Music