Viva La Musica shoulder rest

August 20, 2017, 4:43 PM · What is the difference between VLM Diamond and VLM Augustin Diamond shoulder rest?

Replies (6)

August 20, 2017, 4:56 PM · The difference? About $7 - and the shape! And the shape and be critical.

Best to try before you buy.

August 20, 2017, 7:33 PM · The Invisi-rest is 100% cheaper...

Cheers Carlo

Edited: August 20, 2017, 8:20 PM · Nothing. Augustin is not a model name, it's actually part of the full company name. Some sites refer to the company as VLM-Augustin and others Viva la Musica, same company. I have a Diamond and the box had both names on it. I've seen a couple of site pictures when I was looking for mine that showed the older Diamond with not as much curve as the current Diamond, but it's either a discontinued older style or an incorrect photo. If you order by either name, it will be the same rest. That is what my research bore out when I was shopping.
August 21, 2017, 6:03 PM · The invisirest may be cheaper, but I keep loosing mine, some how I can't seem to see where I put it down ;-) Shoulder rests are so personal, you ought to try them before you buy if you can.
August 21, 2017, 6:19 PM · I find the invisrest hurts my collarbone. Must be a design flaw.
August 22, 2017, 5:15 AM · @Roger. I can sell you a couple so you have a spare...
@Michael. Not a design flaw. Are you sure you fitted it correctly?

Cheers Carlo

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music

Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition

Pirastro Strings

International Violin Competition of Indianapolis

Yamaha V3 Series Violin

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Metzler Violin Shop

Gliga Violins

Corilon Violins

Meadowmount School of Music