Lost instrument on train London- Gao Chen 2008

August 11, 2017, 4:32 AM · Hi, I left my violin on a train at Wimbledon station and I believe it may have been stolen. It's label is Gao Chen 2008 and has antiqued varnish like a Strad. If you have any information please let me know
Peter 07774027796
Thanks

Replies (3)

August 11, 2017, 5:46 AM · Just checking you've done the obvious things - reported it lost to South West Trains and Transport for London?

Also if I were you I would be reporting it as a probable theft to the British Transport Police, highlighting how valuable it is. If it wasn't handed in or found by staff they should investigate it as a theft. They are able to pull CCTV from the train you left it on and in the fairly likely event someone was seen making off with it, they have reasonable odds of finding the person who nicked it (particularly if the person concerned was already known to the authorities, which is often the case....)

August 11, 2017, 4:13 PM · They sometimes stay at the terminal for a couple of days. Many years ago I picked mine up from,I think, Moorgate Station.
August 11, 2017, 5:19 PM · I have never heard of Gao Chen.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music

Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition

Pirastro Strings

International Violin Competition of Indianapolis

Yamaha V3 Series Violin

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Metzler Violin Shop

Gliga Violins

Corilon Violins

Meadowmount School of Music