Etudes for playing CHORDS

Edited: August 10, 2017, 4:55 PM · Hi every body!
please could you help me to find a method for practise the chords?. not only Dont number 1 or Markov. I need to practise in a sistematic way.
Thanks!!!

Replies (8)

August 10, 2017, 4:58 PM · There is a systematic study of chords in Dounis Op. 1.
August 10, 2017, 5:01 PM · Do scales of multiple stops. Galamian's Contemporary Violin Technique, Volume Two is an excellent scale book for double, triple and quadruple stops.
August 10, 2017, 5:48 PM · Gavinies #24 is a great one. Many of these etudes can be adapted for chord studies. I think they're the best etudes after Kreutzer.
Edited: August 11, 2017, 1:09 AM · One other source I'll mention: Sevcik Op. 1 Parts 1 and 2 have some very nice chordal etudes. They incorporate chords with scale-like passages. Excellent. Not surprising, when you consider that Sevcik was a student of Dont.
August 11, 2017, 10:03 AM · Solo Bach helps to get better at double stops.
August 11, 2017, 11:11 AM · Check out Dont Op. 37 - Etude No. 24.

http://hz.imslp.info/files/imglnks/usimg/a/a6/IMSLP92401-PMLP185599-Dont_-_24_Exercicces_for_Violin_(Prep_Etudes)_Op37.pdf

August 11, 2017, 5:44 PM · I know you said you wanted to study chords systematically, but I'd like to suggest a bunch of pieces to you that may be beneficial but will not be systematic and therefore not what you asked for.

Cheers, Paul

August 12, 2017, 4:59 AM · I agree with basic(s) work before the studies and repertoire. Even scales are already a combination of many different motions.

Do slurred arpeggios: our intonation often goes awry across the strings.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music

Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition

Pirastro Strings

International Violin Competition of Indianapolis

Yamaha V3 Series Violin

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Metzler Violin Shop

Gliga Violins

Corilon Violins

Meadowmount School of Music