Edouard Nadaud Scales

August 10, 2017, 4:22 PM · I live in the Philippines. Does anyone know where I can order a copy of the Edouard Nadaud scales?

Replies (10)

August 11, 2017, 5:30 PM · I am not familiar with this scale method.
August 11, 2017, 5:36 PM · I just googled Naduad and it brought me back to my beloved Violinist.com site and there is a member that says it is available at sheetmusicplus.com. Hope this helps. Sounds like a good book.
Edited: August 11, 2017, 5:41 PM · Some of his study books are on IMSLP. Maybe the scales is part of one of them?

Otherwise try here:

https://www.laflutedepan.com/partition/12582/edouard-nadaud-gammes-pratiques-etudes-de-violon-partition.html

Anyway it's not going to be as good as the scale book by Freslevik Zoletransky.

August 30, 2017, 5:08 AM · i ordered mine from di-arezzo / France

link:
http://www.di-arezzo.co.uk/sheet-music/instrument-training/sheet-music-for-violin/Edouard-Nadaud/Gammes-Pratiques/GBILL00611.html?PHPSESSID=1b5edea8e8f5cf916b13d8f283c398ef&chdv=1

Edited: August 30, 2017, 6:29 AM · Mohammad and Paul, could you describe what these books bring to the scale learning process? That would be much appreciated. Thanks.
August 31, 2017, 4:06 AM · Wow, thanks for such a thorough answer! Will check out that other thread.
Edited: August 31, 2017, 5:19 AM · your welcome dear Jeewon.sorry that i wrote too much!
August 31, 2017, 5:54 AM · Mohammad, out pf curiosity, when you say it is more violinistic, in what sense? Thanks
August 31, 2017, 7:34 AM · Thanks Mohammed. Very interesting. I think for pair and impair, youre referring to the french words. "Les nombres pairs/impairs" in english would be "even/odd numbers".
August 31, 2017, 10:17 AM · In English, "impairs" has a bad sound to it.

For those who are wondering, Freslevik Zoletransky is just a name I invented to express my fervent, closely-held desire that we could have N+1 scale books to choose from, regardless of the value of N.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music

Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition

Pirastro Strings

International Violin Competition of Indianapolis

Yamaha V3 Series Violin

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Metzler Violin Shop

Gliga Violins

Corilon Violins

Meadowmount School of Music