Bam Hightech La Defence Slim Violin Case

August 2, 2017, 8:19 AM · Does anyone have this case? If so, will a shoulder rest fit in the case? I have Korkferest that doesn't fold flat.

Replies (8)

Edited: August 2, 2017, 10:19 AM · If you care for your instrument, please don't buy this inadequate plastic violin case. You will regret it in time if you do.
IMO, this case should be called the BAM poco Defence!

Please do some research on this website as to why these plastic molded cases do not protect the violin well. In the past I have owned two BAM cases of this type. One fell apart quickly, the other left my violin either; frozen and covered in condensation in winter, or boiling hot in summer..

May I suggest you get a beautiful, well designed, well made, and properly protective PLYWOOD case from Musafia, or if you are on a budget, a PLYWOOD case from Bobelock.

BAM molded plastic cases are, in my opinion, not fit for purpose at all!

Cheers Carlo

August 2, 2017, 11:16 AM · Carlo,

Thank you for your advice and perspective! I have a Musafia that I use for my regular case. I need a case for travel and thought the BAM might work.

August 2, 2017, 11:39 AM · If you want a very compact shaped case, T.A. Timms makes such a case. Musafia makes a dart shape, which is smaller than their rectangular, but still quite a lot bigger than the Timms. If weight is the issue there is the Lievissima which is incredibly light.
IMHO, Musafia makes the most protective cases on the market.

Cheers Carlo

August 2, 2017, 12:47 PM · I wouldn't invest tons of money in a violin case if it meets the following requirements:
1. it is well made and won't fall apart easily
2. protects the violin well (e.g adequate padding, violin will not rattle in the case
You have the option of attaching a bag to the case to house your shoulder rest.
August 2, 2017, 1:40 PM · I saw so many good violins destroyed in cases that I strongly disagree!
I basically second what Carlo had to say.
August 2, 2017, 1:50 PM · Riboni also makes a lightweight case, though much like Timms and Musafia, it's not cheap.

I really wish the Korfker had folding legs. Even with the huge compartment in my Musafia Aeternum, the Korfker has to be placed just so to fit.

Edited: August 2, 2017, 4:45 PM · yeah.... but you can use it in la-defence! BAM!
August 2, 2017, 6:10 PM · Lydia,

I have the Korfker also and a Musafia case. Mine fits but I have to turn the rubber pieces a certain way to close the lid. Ditto on foldable-that would be a good feature!

Our Kokopelli
Please support Violinist.com
through
your donation
or sponsorship campaign.

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music

Yamaha V3 Series Violin

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Metzler Violin Shop

Gliga Violins

Coda Bow