Update, for anyone who wants to try out contemporary instruments..

July 26, 2017, 1:16 PM · "Dear Friends and Colleagues,

Thank you to those of you who have already sent us photos of your instruments for the upcoming exhibition! We are hard at work preparing but, unfortunately, have hit a bump in the road. There was a miscommunication with the folks at the venue where the exhibition will be held, and we have to reschedule the event. We will now be putting up the 2017 exhibition on the weekend of October 14-16 INSTEAD of October 28-30. We sincerely apologize for the shake up and hope that it is not a terrible inconvenience.

We will still be awaiting photos of instruments and bows (along with your headshot and bio) through August 25th, but we will send out the invitations earlier than initially planned - on or around August 30th rather than in September. Once again, the exhibition will now be held October 14-16 at the Kosciuszko Foundation in New York City.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns.

With warm regards,
Julie Reed-Yeboah & Yi-Ping Yang"

This was an email sent to perspective maker participants, but I thought it might be useful to musicians as well.

Replies (4)

July 26, 2017, 9:39 PM · David, can you explain what this is about? It's just puzzling.
Edited: July 26, 2017, 10:01 PM · Annual Contemporary Violin Makers Exhibition
July 27, 2017, 4:37 AM · Apologies for not being more clear. It's about a date change for the annual Contemporary Violin Makers Exhibition at Reed-Yeboah Fine violins in New York City. The exhibition will now be October 14-16, 2017. It's a good opportunity to try instruments from a large number of contemporary makers, side-by-side.
July 27, 2017, 10:28 AM · It's funny - I got the original email but not the update. I've been to a few of Julie's exhibitions and wrote about one of them in my blog, "A Violin Double Header".

Our Kokopelli
Please support Violinist.com
through
your donation
or sponsorship campaign.

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music

Yamaha V3 Series Violin

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Metzler Violin Shop

Gliga Violins

Coda Bow