Any experience with Gewa Air Ergo?

June 13, 2018, 12:46 AM · Looking for opinions about that case. The one supposedly design for bicycle and public transportation. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qYUm7LfX8c&t=72s)

It could be useful for me, as I move around in motorcycle and bike. I know well about the disadvantages of thermoplastic or similars vs laminated wood, but in my particular circunstances (muddy roads in a tropical country) it is more convenient. For those who have that Gewa Ergo, I need to know if the headroom is really big enough to allow for the head+helmet to pass through. Also what are the thought about its waterproofness (In this tropical country, real waterproofness is more important than thermic insolation).
Just checking if that case meets my needs or what they offer is just a gimmick...

Replies (2)

June 14, 2018, 11:24 AM · Do you know Trinity Violin Cases? I love the very short case with the bow on top of the case. Thus your back is only "immobilized" along the length of the violin, and not determined by the bow. Might also help with the helmet. The water proofness looks good to me, better than most cases I saw, but I would not want to make promises on that.
Edited: June 14, 2018, 6:48 PM · I have a similar style case for air travel (pic). Very convenient for that, but not for daily life because it requires an extra bag for all accesories and music. Good concept, though...
Violin Travel

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Metzler Violin Shop
Metzler Violin Shop

Yamaha YEV Series Violin
Yamaha YEV Series Violin

Dimitri Musafia