Comford Shoulder Cradle

May 30, 2018, 7:15 PM · I am currently using the "Comford Violin Shoulder Cradle, Gold Metal, Tall Height". I wanted to buy a couple of spares but could not find any in the market. I tried to contact its manufacurer, Comfort L.L.C. in Kansas, but there were no responses. Could anyone tell me whether that company still exists and makes such product? Thanks a million for your help.

Replies (19)

May 30, 2018, 9:28 PM · I've been using one and haven't had problems ordering but I don't get stuff directly from them. Have you tried a big online retailer like Shar?
May 30, 2018, 9:28 PM · https://www.sharmusic.com/Accessories/Shoulder-Rests/Comford-Violin-Shoulder-Cradle.axd

Select "tall" and "gold" from the list below the picture.

May 31, 2018, 1:46 AM · Katie, Erik,

Thanks for your help. I have already tried Sharmusic. Just like all other sources, the item is "out of stock" with Shar. (The Plastic/Tall version is still widely available. But the Metal/Tall version seems to be extinct.)

May 31, 2018, 5:09 PM · Now even the Plastic/Tall version is "out of stock" on Sharmusic. ... sigh.
May 31, 2018, 9:17 PM · I think I have two of them I would like to sell. I need to check...one new and one slightly used. The gold.
June 1, 2018, 8:12 AM · Hi Ray,

Wonderful! That would solve my problem. I want to get both of them if possible. Please reach me at: zxsr8000@gmail.com.

Thanks a million!

June 1, 2018, 9:57 AM · I had the plastic comford which I liked. It needed replacement, so I got the metal one, which dampened my instrument due to the weight. I now use the korfkler rest which has as much support as the comford, but it’s feather light. The price isn’t.
Edited: June 1, 2018, 1:48 PM · Hi Arnie,

Ray just informed me that he double-checked and found that neither one he has is tall and metal.

If your metal one happens to be the tall type, will you be willing to part with it?

===
If any other violinist.commer is willing to let go his/her Comford tall and metal violin cradle (new or used), please also feel free to contact me at zxsr8000@gmail.com. I want to buy at least three as backups .... "This is not a drill." :-)

Thank you in advance.

June 2, 2018, 6:43 PM · mine is the medium
June 3, 2018, 4:17 PM · Hi Arnie,

Thanks for checking.

June 6, 2018, 12:25 PM · I bought both of mine on ebay new. Have you checked there? I've used every shoulder rest out there inclusing the pricy Korfker and the Comford is my absolute go to. I used to use the tall until i got a slightly higher chinrest and went to the regular height. I would have given you my tall but I sold it long ago on Ebay!
June 7, 2018, 12:56 AM · Hi Jamie,

Thanks for your information. I looked into eBay and found both long neck cradles available there are for Viola only.:-(

"...Have tried every shoulder rest out there..." I traversed the same path you did before settling on the long neck, metal Comford cradle. I only pray that the company will stay in business and resume production soon.

June 7, 2018, 12:57 PM · This site has both the plastic and metal ones in stock!

http://www.gostrings.com/crvishre.html

June 7, 2018, 4:08 PM · Hi Jamie,

I have already tried to order from the site you mentioned (GoStrings.com). After I send in the order (with Visa card information), it replied by saying something like "order cancelled" or "out of stock". I am still waiting to see whether my Visa was charged ....... :-(

June 8, 2018, 10:56 AM · Aw shoot! I'm sorry. I am sure you will be able to find one soon. Like I mentioned earlier, maybe you can find a taller chinrest and purchase the regular comford cradle which is what I did.

Best of Luck!

June 8, 2018, 1:13 PM · Shar has a history of picking up violin related products from the original designers/manufacturers and carrying on with production/distribution under their M&M Distributing wholesale division. I would not be surprised if they were in process of doing that with the Comford rest. But It's just speculation on my part. Call them and speak to someone. My experience with Shar is that not everyone is "in the loop" with regard to what's in the pipeline. So ask to speak with someone who knows definitively what's going on with those rests.
June 9, 2018, 2:55 AM · Jamie, Mark,

Thanks for your suggestions. I shall definitely try them out.

Worst comes to worst, I hope some other vendor will come up with solutions similar to the tall metal cradle ... and soon.

Edited: June 12, 2018, 9:25 AM · I ordered a Korfker shoulder rest from SHAR while the item was marked "OUT OF STOCK" on line. SHAR shipped it to me a little over a week later, so ordering an out of stock item does NOT mean they won't get more stock and fill your order!! TRY IT?
June 13, 2018, 1:23 PM · Erin,

Thanks for your suggestion. But Shar doesn't even have the tall, metal violin version of Comford Cradle listed.

I had a nightmare last night. My performance on a big stage went haywire, then I discovered that was because my shoulder cradle fell apart ... an evidence of psychological impact? :-(

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Metzler Violin Shop
Metzler Violin Shop

Yamaha YEV Series Violin
Yamaha YEV Series Violin

Dimitri Musafia
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases