Don Quixote (Minkus) Act I Scene Of Kitri & Basil

March 20, 2018, 11:39 AM · Hi,
Anyone who watched 2018 winter olympic game ladies figure staking? The music Zagitova used was Don quixote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62NM1XulVOw&list=PLjsJbpFzaSWyJZCdNYglFHdTZs73uQ5IB&index=5

I found the piano score of the piece, is there a violin sheet music somewhere?

Thanks.

don quixote

don quixote

Replies (6)

March 20, 2018, 12:04 PM · Just play the treble clef line. I think if you found a violin part - that's what it would be.
March 20, 2018, 12:16 PM · Thanks for the reply. But if you listen to the audio on youtube, it sounds like much lower, by maybe one octave?
March 20, 2018, 2:15 PM · Well Yes! It's a cello solo, isn't it. You could actually play it on a violin (or viola) an octave lower than written.
March 20, 2018, 3:26 PM · I love what David Greene wrote about Minkus--he could write music by the yard.
March 21, 2018, 12:20 AM · Andrew Victor: This is NOT Strauss's tone poem for cello and orchestra. It's a ballet by Minkus.

I was momentarily confused as well, because I'm playing Don Quixote this weekend and the piano score above didn't look at all familiar.

March 21, 2018, 6:21 AM · @Andrew Hsieheh: I know it's not, but that was my impression listening to Pon's link and I could hear why he wants to play it.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Metzler Violin Shop
Metzler Violin Shop

Jameasy
Jameasy

Yamaha YEV Series Violin
Yamaha YEV Series Violin