Seitz Violin Concerto Accompaniment

March 20, 2018, 10:31 AM · Were any of the Seitz concertos written with orchestra accompaniment or only piano because they're for students?

Replies (6)

March 20, 2018, 10:43 AM · Yes. There is an orchestral accompaniment to Seitz #2 that I know of. You can hear Itzak Perlman play it wih orchestra on a CD called “Concertos from My Childhood”. It’s great.
March 20, 2018, 1:51 PM · I don't think these are original by Seitz but Frustrated Accompanist has some orchestrations for selected Seitz movements. http://www.frustratedaccompanist.com/products/
March 22, 2018, 4:28 AM · Since I have next to no piano playing ability, I transpose both hands of the piano accompianment into a duet part and use it with my students.It is good preparation for when the student meets with their "real" accompianist.
March 22, 2018, 4:56 PM · If you have a budding star ready to play Seitz concertos with chamber orchestra, you can find parts score v1 v2 vla vcl parts here which are public domain. He originally wrote the student concertos for soloist and orchestra.

http://imslp.org/wiki/Category:Seitz,_Friedrich

Happy playing!

April 13, 2018, 2:34 PM · Hi Anne, in total Seitz composed 11 student concertos, it seems only the op.25 (often incorrectly referred to as #7) is with orchestra. I have the conductor score if you will like to see. Naxos is currently recording all of them, 1-5 is available for sale now.
Edited: April 16, 2018, 7:58 PM · Thomas, which one is with chamber orchestra? On the IMSLP site I could only find No. 2 but that's not with just string orchestra, there are wind parts. Can you be more specific about which concerto and what the orchestration is?

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Metzler Violin Shop
Metzler Violin Shop

Jameasy
Jameasy

Yamaha YEV Series Violin
Yamaha YEV Series Violin