Enescu's Airs dans le genre Roumain

March 12, 2018, 12:25 AM · Does anyone know where I can buy the music of Enescu's Airs dans le genre Roumain (for solo violin)?

I believe it was only published in 2012. I couldn't find any other info on the internet. Would really appreciate any info, thanks!

Replies (12)

March 12, 2018, 6:31 AM · Is the composer George Enescu, who's public domain, or what?
March 13, 2018, 4:18 AM · From IMSLP:

"Works by this person are most likely not public domain within the EU and in those countries where the copyright term is life+70 years. They may also be protected by copyright in the USA, unless published before 1923, in which case they are PD there as well. However, this person's works are public domain in Canada (where IMSLP is hosted), and in other countries where the copyright term is life+50 years."

I read somewhere that this piece was published in 2012. Really hoping to be able to purchase it...

March 13, 2018, 10:45 AM · I don't know, then.
March 13, 2018, 12:15 PM · I bought it in a book of violin solos in a collect by George Enescu at the Institute Cultural Roman Muzeul National in Bucharest Romania. It is edited by Sherban Lupu who teaches at university of Illinois at Champaign--I am sure he has copies for sale.
March 14, 2018, 2:12 AM · Sylvia, I'll try to contact Sherban Lupu. Thank you so much for the lead!
March 14, 2018, 7:40 AM · I am so grateful for this thread - I love love love Enescu!!!

March 15, 2018, 9:13 AM · I'm more interested in contacting Sherban Lupu as on his website under publication, there is the entry saying:

“E.Ysaye – Concerto for violin and orchestra”

April 4, 2018, 1:17 PM · I have contacted Sherban Lupu twice via his contact page and have not heard back from him, yet. Has anyone here been able to find the Airs sheet music?
April 5, 2018, 1:03 AM · same here, two emails asking about the Ysaye concerto, but no reply.
April 5, 2018, 7:32 AM · I even went so far as to try calling the US Enescu Society (linked on Sherban's page) and the phone number is out of service...

I might try an old fashioned letter.

Sylvia - what is the webpage of the museum you purchased the Enescu book from? There are a few museums that come up on google that have similar names and I would like to try getting in touch with them directly. Also, what is the publisher's name and ISBN number -if available?

April 5, 2018, 11:34 AM · Alright, I found the ISBN number: 973-577-461-5

It is not available anywhere here in the US as far as I can tell. It was published by the Instutute Cultural Roman and the George Enescu National Museum. (I've emailed both institutions about this compilation.)

April 6, 2018, 7:03 AM · Another update:

I contacted the BNF (French National Library), as they have a copy, and requested a copy of the music. My request was denied because it is not in the public domain. You'd think with nearly everything being online these days, this work would be easier to locate!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Metzler Violin Shop
Metzler Violin Shop

Yamaha YEV Series Violin
Yamaha YEV Series Violin

Dimitri Musafia
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases