Luthier in Warsaw

February 18, 2018, 3:56 AM · Hello all,

I am currently living in warsaw (PL) and i am having trouble finding a luthier. Google only returns 3 results, which i find very odd for the capital of the country. Does anyone knows a good luthier they could suggest in the city?

Thanks!

Replies (5)

Edited: February 18, 2018, 7:01 AM · I don't know any. Saw a lovely violin once by Mr.Kajanka in Lodz.

However, the Polish Violin Maker's Association do list six... http://www.zpal.pl/adresy-pracowni-lutniczych-2/

Probably no good searching in English as they seem not to go in for bilingual websites.

Edited: February 18, 2018, 12:50 PM · I checked that as well. Three of these six are double entries (like, the dad that works with the son, or partners in the same atelier). But thanks anyway =]
Edited: February 18, 2018, 5:28 PM · My violin was made in Zakopane. Now, that's 6 hours by car, so it's not a practical solution. But I understand there are a few luthiers in Zakopane (there is a violin-making school in nearby Nowy Targ) so you might try looking up some of them to see if they have any colleagues closer to you. And honestly it's the same distance almost to Berlin so some shops in Berlin might know the luthiers in Warsaw too. And in Berlin they will all speak perfect English. Unfortunately I have tried to find contact information about the maker of my violin (Wojciech Topa), just to tell him that I love the violin he made, but I cannot find that information online. Otherwise I would share it with you.
February 19, 2018, 1:38 AM · Bruno perhaps you can start with the 3 you did find :-)
February 19, 2018, 7:52 PM · I presume you want the luthier to service an instrument.

Poland has a long tradition of making fine instruments, and they have a world class school for luthiers at Poznan. I expect, therefore, that many small business but high quality luthiers are in Warsaw.

Contact the local symphony orchestras. The managers, and other staff, will know where the local luthiers are. Local teachers will also know.

My cello was made in Krakow, and I know the luthier who made that is highly regarded for his instruments across Europe (which might be useful if you want to buy an instrument). His name is Bartlomiej Dankiewicz 31-149 Krakow, UL.Krzywa 6/1 Polska 634130. Certainly, he would know good luthiers in Warsaw.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Metzler Violin Shop
Metzler Violin Shop

Yamaha YEV Series Violin
Yamaha YEV Series Violin

Dimitri Musafia
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases