A guide to air travel and rate your airline experience!

February 9, 2018, 5:28 AM · Hi everyone,

Travelling with an instrument is always a stressful experience. I've had my share of problems trying to fly with a cello on board, even after purchasing an extra seat.
I came up with a list of airline policies for musical instruments and a Like/Dislike button so everyone can their previous experience and let others know!

visit https://myluthier.co/travel and please tell me know what you think and how to make this page even more useful!

Best,
Pedro

Replies (5)

February 9, 2018, 7:36 AM · at first glance, this looks great - especially the ratings. Do you think you could add more US airlines? Delta and Southwest are the two omissions that stood out to me most.
Edited: February 10, 2018, 1:39 AM · I've just shared it on my company Facebook page - good job!

Please do add more U.S. airlines though, because Americans take the plane like in Europe people take the train. Especially West Coast vectors such as Alaskan and especially Jet Blue.

And remember: by simply observing a phenomenon your are modifying it. (Heisenberg).

February 10, 2018, 6:35 AM · Thanks for your feedback! We'll be adding more U.S. airlines tomorrow!
February 10, 2018, 2:58 PM · Pedro,

Looks like a great resource. Assuming that the official policy is followed by all the employees and agents of the airline in question the flight should be seamless. Unfortunately, in my many years of travel I encountered many people who chose to ignore policies in favor of their own judgment. Chief flight attendants, pilots, ticket agents, gate agents, et cetera can, and do, ignore the policies every day - and get away with them.

FWIW: I don't fly at all anymore. Over a decade of almost weekly business flights and I never want to be inside an airport or airplane ever again.

February 12, 2018, 1:25 AM · I think that things are changing. The power of social media makes the voice of one heard by thousands. The pocket dictator at the gate who doesn't apply policy and causes damage can now be held accountable.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

Metzler Violin Shop
Metzler Violin Shop

Yamaha YEV Series Violin
Yamaha YEV Series Violin

Dimitri Musafia
Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases