All My Violins

February 6, 2018, 7:53 PM · The subject here may be "old hat" but I'm not sure. However, the discussion may offer some interesting information. I'm curious about other opinions and insights.

I recently

Replies (35)

February 6, 2018, 8:11 PM · Are we playing two word story?

I recently... practiced my

February 6, 2018, 8:35 PM · I recently...practiced my...Flesch scales
February 6, 2018, 9:08 PM · I recently...practiced my...Flesch scales...and broke...
Edited: February 6, 2018, 10:23 PM · I recently practiced my Flesch scales and broke... my string
February 6, 2018, 10:04 PM · That's three words....
February 6, 2018, 10:09 PM · Michael, what are "flesh scales?" They sound pretty damn brutal.
Edited: February 6, 2018, 10:24 PM · Scales so brutally hard and tedious that they flay the flesh from your fingers.

Post fixed, sorry. It's late here on the east coast.

February 7, 2018, 12:09 AM · I recently practiced my Flesch scales and broke my string...yet again
February 7, 2018, 12:29 AM · Let no one henceforth say; V.com members do not have a sense of humor.
Edited: February 7, 2018, 1:23 AM · V.com members do not have a sense of humor.
(There! Right down to the misspelling of "humour" ... )

I recently practiced my Flesch scales and broke my string yet again. It broke ...

February 7, 2018, 2:56 AM · I recently practiced my Flesch scales and broke my string yet again. It broke just when ...
Edited: February 7, 2018, 7:58 AM · humor is the American spelling, humour is the English spelling. As a Canadian, I'm torn between Hollywood and the Queen. Would that be a humorass recovery?

I consider it an honor/honour to participate in the hijinks/hi-jinks.

The banter is very colorful/colourful.

February 7, 2018, 10:03 AM · I recently practiced my Flesch scales and broke my string yet again. It broke just when the bow ...
February 7, 2018, 10:07 AM · I recently practiced my Flesch scales and broke my string yet again. It broke just when the bow slid off...
February 7, 2018, 11:56 AM · I recently practiced my Flesch scales and broke my string yet again. It broke just when the bow slid off my bed.
Edited: February 7, 2018, 12:26 PM · I recently practiced my Flesch scales and broke my string yet again. It broke just when the bow slid off my bed, by which ...
February 7, 2018, 12:27 PM · I recently practiced my Flesch scales and broke my string yet again. It broke just when the bow slid off my bed, by which I mean...
February 7, 2018, 3:52 PM · All my violins.........wear English Leather, or they wear nothing at all.
Edited: February 7, 2018, 5:54 PM · I recently practiced my Flesch scales and broke my string yet again. It broke just when the bow slid off my bed, by which I mean the cat...
February 7, 2018, 6:46 PM · I recently practiced my Flesch scales and broke my string yet again. It broke just when the bow slid off my bed, by which I mean the cat, who's learning...
February 7, 2018, 7:02 PM · I recently practiced my Flesch scales and broke my string yet again. It broke just when the bow slid off my bed, by which I mean the cat, who's learning to play...
February 7, 2018, 7:04 PM · I recently practiced my Flesch scales and broke my string yet again. It broke just when the bow slid off my bed, by which I mean the cat, who's learning to play the tango..
February 7, 2018, 7:15 PM · I recently practiced my Flesch scales and broke my string yet again. It broke just when the bow slid off my bed, by which I mean the cat, who's learning to play the tango decided to
February 7, 2018, 9:54 PM · I recently practiced my Flesch scales and broke my string yet again. It broke just when the bow slid off my bed, by which I mean the cat, who's learning to play the tango decided to audition for...
February 7, 2018, 11:56 PM · I recently practiced my Flesch scales and broke my string yet again. It broke just when the bow slid off my bed, by which I mean the cat, who's learning to play the tango decided to audition for Felineharmonic Ochestra....
February 8, 2018, 2:32 AM · I really feel like the grammar here is starting to fall apart.
February 8, 2018, 1:36 PM · This is taking thread-jacking to a whole new level!
February 8, 2018, 4:33 PM · I recently practiced my Flesch scales and broke my string yet again. It broke just when the bow slid off my bed, by which I mean the cat, who's learning to play the tango, decided to audition for Felineharmonic Orchestra.

That is....

February 8, 2018, 5:27 PM · I recently practiced my Flesch scales and broke my string yet again. It broke just when the bow slid off my bed, by which I mean the cat, who's learning to play the tango, decided to audition for Felineharmonic Orchestra. That is not dogmatic...
February 8, 2018, 6:22 PM · I recently practiced my Flesch scales and broke my string yet again. It broke just when the bow slid off my bed, by which I mean the cat, who's learning to play the tango, decided to audition for Felineharmonic Orchestra. That is not dogmatic, phelgmatic, traumatic,
February 8, 2018, 9:03 PM · and the Oscar goes to Yixi Zhang for 'Felineharmonic Orchestra'
February 8, 2018, 10:44 PM · I recently practiced my Flesch scales and broke my string yet again. It broke just when the bow slid off my bed, by which I mean the cat, who's learning to play the tango, decided to audition for Felineharmonic Orchestra. That is not dogmatic, phelgmatic, traumatic, although catastrophically...
February 9, 2018, 3:59 PM · I recently practiced my Flesch scales and broke my string yet again. It broke just when the bow slid off my bed, by which I mean the cat, who's learning to play the tango, decided to audition for Felineharmonic Orchestra. That is not dogmatic, phelgmatic, traumatic, although Catastrophically resulting in...
February 9, 2018, 6:57 PM · id you ever practice your Flesch scales and then switch to your Dont etudes ?? Or Dont you know if you do or Dont want to get a bang out of some Bang exercises.

Do you stand or sit when practicing the Hans Sitt Etudes ??

February 10, 2018, 9:57 AM · I was attracted to this thread by the title, "All My Violins."

Is that sort of like "All My Children"?

Or more like "All My Tomorrows"?

Poor Darlene ...

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

International Violin Competition of Indianapolis
International Violin Competition of Indianapolis

Jameasy