Can't find Buri's studio or the What should I play column

Edited: January 25, 2018, 1:54 AM · I read a lot of threads here on v.com and people always refer to Buri's studio and What should I practice.

I couldn't find them and when I open the links it says something about the server being down or something.

If anyone has a working link or a pdf of it, please send it to me.

Replies (16)

January 25, 2018, 2:54 AM · I have not heard from Mr. Brivati in a year or more so hope that he is doing okay. He is my favorite poster on this site and a lot of times his thoughts and comments would cause me to smile and laugh.
January 25, 2018, 4:03 AM · I agree! But it's sad not all of his posts are available.

I read that he wrote about each kreutzer etude in "buri's studio" which I coulen't find. It would be really helpful for me because I'm currently working on Kreutzer.

Edited: January 25, 2018, 4:56 AM · http://www.violinist.com/directory/bio.cfm?member=Buri

https://www.italki.com/user/3336629

You could try contacting him directly.

January 25, 2018, 9:48 AM · I miss him - hope he is doing ok.
January 25, 2018, 10:06 AM · Buri was a great poster. I have not heard from him for quite some time. I do hope his is doing well.
January 25, 2018, 10:47 AM · I remember him saying in one post he will stop posting here for a while. I can't remember a reason or a time span. But I think he is okay and it was just a decision. Maybe it took too much time. His posts were indeed very elaborate and full of knowledge. Though hard to read for me as a not native english speaker.
January 25, 2018, 11:01 AM · Simon, Buri’s earlier posts were “unique” and they were not the easiest to decipher for anyone, including the author himself I suspect.
January 25, 2018, 3:09 PM · Thank you Kiki! That boosts my confidence ;)
January 25, 2018, 4:40 PM · I think Simon that if you are not a native English language speaker, that his spelling would be a big impediment to understanding the point he was trying to get across . I can easily envision Mr. Brivati at his computer keyboard with fingers flying trying to help us all out with our music issues and simultaneously make us chuckle.
January 25, 2018, 6:12 PM · Yes, I would have needed an hour for some of his posts without even getting it all in the end. I ended up flying over it and appreciating the solid knowledge I saw in many places of his posts.
January 25, 2018, 10:19 PM · Lol - you are all talking like he is dead! Sure, he overdigested some prunes (damn the '17 sale of Prunes in Japan!), but I'm sure that he is on his way back to recovery and we'll see him and his laptop soon.
Edited: January 26, 2018, 7:15 AM · Also a big fan of Buri here. He is a very kind and generous person with a lot of knowledge who wanted to share it with others and was not dogmatic.

Actually, come to think of it, I've also wondered what happened to other Vcommies who where around at the same time as Buri, contributed a lot and don't seem to post anymore (Raphael who had a congenial way of writing, Elise, Smiley..). Hope they are also well.

January 26, 2018, 7:02 PM · I can easily see how posting here a lot might be part of a certain phase of life, perhaps one where you've got some idle time with your computer screen in front of you, or whatever. Then times change.
Edited: January 30, 2018, 3:41 AM · I dropped him an email a few weeks back, at an old address I found online. There was no reply, and no real reason why there should have been.

His writing on this forum is wonderful. There also comes a time with learning the violin (IMHO) when words don't add much. Understanding comes in other ways. Whether Buri also saw things that way is, of course, wild conjecture on my part.

January 30, 2018, 6:26 PM · Maybe ask Dave Burgess?
January 30, 2018, 6:29 PM · Do you mean this?
http://www.violinist.com/discussion/archive/9909/

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music
Shar Music

Pirastro Strings
Pirastro Strings

International Violin Competition of Indianapolis
International Violin Competition of Indianapolis

Jameasy
Jameasy

Yamaha YEV Series Violin