Secret Sheet Music Stores?

January 4, 2018, 10:55 PM · I have been searching for a duet for 2 violins, and I finally found the Sonata in C Major for Two Violins by Edison Denisov. Does anyone know of a store where I can order the sheet music for this? I can't seem to find it on any website.

Replies (5)

January 4, 2018, 11:06 PM · Have you done a google search and found anything?
January 5, 2018, 6:07 AM · I don't see a "Duet for Two Violins" listed among the compositions of Edison Denisov. Is it possible that the Sonata for Two Violins is actually an arrangement of the Sonata for Two Flutes, or vice versa?
January 5, 2018, 8:16 AM · Very likely. Flute music is almost always playable on violin without any changes because of similar range and notation.
January 5, 2018, 8:49 AM · No comment on this specific piece, but some general advice: see if you can copy it from a university library if you have one nearby or see if it's available through ILL (inter library loan) at your local library.
January 8, 2018, 10:46 AM · I can only find this piece on an album performed by Alexandr Bulov and Ilya Gringolts. I can't tell if it is the flute sonata, but I haven't been able to find the sheet music for the violin piece/arrangement.

Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Email

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music

Shanghai Isaac Stern International Violin Competition

Pirastro Strings

International Violin Competition of Indianapolis

Yamaha V3 Series Violin

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Metzler Violin Shop

Gliga Violins

Corilon Violins

Aria International Summer Academy