Welcome to Violinist.com! Log in, or join the community!
Violinist.com
Facebook Twitter Google+ Email Newsletter

Violin/Piano duet

Performing: I was just wondering if anyone knew any nice piano/violin duets?

From hirasaki matsumuo
Posted July 13, 2005 at 05:08 AM

I played Ave Maria with another person at the piano and my friend on the violin. It was very popular at the concert, even though it was very simple to play.

I already know of Greensleeves, but I was looking for maybe other very nice ones?

Please excuse my english =u_u=;

From Matt Dostal
Posted on July 13, 2005 at 09:59 AM
I reccomend you two duets from Bedrich Smetana(Friedrich Smetana), From My Homeland(Aus der Heimat, Z Domoviny). They are really beautiful, I think even Perlman recorded them..
and violin and piano parts are very well balanced
From hirasaki matsumuo
Posted on July 13, 2005 at 10:15 PM
Thank you!
From Kate Marten
Posted on July 14, 2005 at 08:31 AM
I have played the Bach concerto for two violins and piano. It is very fun and impressive and not too hard. It is about 5th grade violin-but it is more of a duet between two violins and piano accompaniment.
From Violin H.
Posted on July 14, 2005 at 09:07 AM
I would offer the Schubert's Duo in A , it's wonderful.
From Adam Wasiel
Posted on July 14, 2005 at 09:33 AM
From Rusanda Panfili
Posted on July 14, 2005 at 10:33 AM
Grieg sonata no 3,is very very nice
Prokofiev sonata no 1
Brahms all 3 sonatas
Kreisler,Schoen Rosmarin,Liebesleid,Liebesfreud
Strawinski-Divertimento
there are so many pieces for violin and piano...i cann tell u more if u wish
From Heather W
Posted on July 23, 2007 at 04:37 PM
Thought I would bump this thread up - I am looking for a 10 minute violin / piano duet for an upcoming performance. I've made a note of the posts so far but wanted to know if there were more suggestions. I'm really looking for something more along the lines of a duet - not violin solo with piano accompaniment. Thanks!
From Andrew Victor
Posted on July 23, 2007 at 04:56 PM
Try http://www.everynote.com/ - you have to pay for what you download.

Especially look at the violin/piano sonatas. It depends on the skill level of you two, but the Handel sonatas should be OK - and a couple of the Mozarts are very nice. And then there are hundreds of others by other composers.

From Heather W
Posted on July 23, 2007 at 05:14 PM
Thanks! I'll check out the website. If it helps, the pianist is a professional performer/teacher, and I guess I'd call myself an advanced amateur.
From Brian Crain
Posted on January 2, 2012 at 03:10 AM
Brian Crain's "Piano and Violin Duet" Sheet music at http://briancrain.com

"Delve into the delicate nuances of creativity"

Hilary Hahn Violinist Hilary Hahn offers the foreword to The Violinist.com Interviews: Volume 1, an engaging collection of interviews with some of the world's top violinists, including Sarah Chang, Maxim Vengerov, David Garrett, and of course, Hilary herself.

Get it now! For Kindle | For iBooks | In Paperback

Lady Victory

International Violin Competition of Indianapolis

Here's our daily coverage of the ninth quadrennial international violin competition, won by South Korea's Jinjoo Cho.