Welcome to Violinist.com! Log in, or join the community!
Violinist.com
Facebook Twitter Google+ Email Newsletter

Violin/Piano duet

Performing: I was just wondering if anyone knew any nice piano/violin duets?

From hirasaki matsumuo
Posted July 13, 2005 at 05:08 AM

I played Ave Maria with another person at the piano and my friend on the violin. It was very popular at the concert, even though it was very simple to play.

I already know of Greensleeves, but I was looking for maybe other very nice ones?

Please excuse my english =u_u=;

From Matt Dostal
Posted on July 13, 2005 at 09:59 AM
I reccomend you two duets from Bedrich Smetana(Friedrich Smetana), From My Homeland(Aus der Heimat, Z Domoviny). They are really beautiful, I think even Perlman recorded them..
and violin and piano parts are very well balanced
From hirasaki matsumuo
Posted on July 13, 2005 at 10:15 PM
Thank you!
From Kate Marten
Posted on July 14, 2005 at 08:31 AM
I have played the Bach concerto for two violins and piano. It is very fun and impressive and not too hard. It is about 5th grade violin-but it is more of a duet between two violins and piano accompaniment.
From Violin H.
Posted on July 14, 2005 at 09:07 AM
I would offer the Schubert's Duo in A , it's wonderful.
From Adam Wasiel
Posted on July 14, 2005 at 09:33 AM
From Rusanda Panfili
Posted on July 14, 2005 at 10:33 AM
Grieg sonata no 3,is very very nice
Prokofiev sonata no 1
Brahms all 3 sonatas
Kreisler,Schoen Rosmarin,Liebesleid,Liebesfreud
Strawinski-Divertimento
there are so many pieces for violin and piano...i cann tell u more if u wish
From Heather W
Posted on July 23, 2007 at 04:37 PM
Thought I would bump this thread up - I am looking for a 10 minute violin / piano duet for an upcoming performance. I've made a note of the posts so far but wanted to know if there were more suggestions. I'm really looking for something more along the lines of a duet - not violin solo with piano accompaniment. Thanks!
From Andrew Victor
Posted on July 23, 2007 at 04:56 PM
Try http://www.everynote.com/ - you have to pay for what you download.

Especially look at the violin/piano sonatas. It depends on the skill level of you two, but the Handel sonatas should be OK - and a couple of the Mozarts are very nice. And then there are hundreds of others by other composers.

From Heather W
Posted on July 23, 2007 at 05:14 PM
Thanks! I'll check out the website. If it helps, the pianist is a professional performer/teacher, and I guess I'd call myself an advanced amateur.
From Brian Crain
Posted on January 2, 2012 at 03:10 AM
Brian Crain's "Piano and Violin Duet" Sheet music at http://briancrain.com

Hear more from the world's top violinists

Joshua Bell Our interview with Joshua Bell is one of more than two dozen in The Violinist.com Interviews: Volume 1, which also features talks with Sarah Chang, Maxim Vengerov, and David Garrett, as well as a foreword by Hilary Hahn.

Get it now! For Kindle | For iBooks | In Paperback