Welcome to Violinist.com! Log in, or join the community!
Violinist.com
Facebook Twitter Google+ Email Newsletter

Bacewicz: Suite for Two Violins

Repertoire: Any idea where to find a recording of this? Anybody ever played it by chance?

From Ruth Kuefler
Posted May 8, 2006 at 05:05 AM

Anyone ever heard of this piece??? I'm supposed to learn it for a summer festival in about a month and a CD of it would help a lot. I've tried Google, but nothing comes up. Do you know of any reliable sources for recordings of uncommon pieces?

Also, if anyone has played this before, I'd love your advice!

Just as a side note, how many of you have played any music at all by Bacewicz? I know she's not very well-known, but I studied a violin quartet of hers once which was awesome. She's got an interesting style, kind of folk-inflected but with an edge to it and a real sense of drive.

P.S. This is for a repertoire class at the Sound Encounters Institute in Ottawa, KS. If there are any other SE people out there on v.com, post here!!!

From Ruth Kuefler
Posted on May 9, 2006 at 02:20 AM
Anybody??? There's got to be some violinist out there who's played Bacewicz.
From D Wright
Posted on May 9, 2006 at 02:34 AM
i've heard her music but never played it.
From vincent skowronski
Posted on May 9, 2006 at 02:44 AM

Ruth: We sent you an email this morning (around 10:30am) and assumed it would reach you. It was addressed to your personal website. Check it out. If it didn't get through, let us know. We'll try again sometime tomorrow, 5/9/06.

Skowronski: Classical Recordings
skowronskirecordings@ameritech.net

From vincent skowronski
Posted on May 9, 2006 at 02:45 AM
From Willie M
Posted on May 9, 2006 at 03:57 AM
From Ruth Kuefler
Posted on May 9, 2006 at 11:02 PM
Hey, thanks for replying guys. After scouring the web I have come to the conclusion that the world premiere recording of this piece is going to be the home video tape my dad makes at our concert this June. :-) Since I am used to playing very tonal music, the hardest thing about this piece so far is just keeping some of the notes in my head long enough. I might try recording myself and just listening to that to help cement the melodies.
From Danielle Goatley
Posted on May 10, 2006 at 12:39 AM
Talking about Bacewicz, does anyone know of a recording of her Polish Caprice?
From Ruth Kuefler
Posted on May 10, 2006 at 01:31 AM
I did a quick Google search and came up with this:

http://www.bestprices.com/cgi-bin/vlink/095115125021BT.html

Hope that helps.

Galamian's Principles

Galamian's Principles of the Violin

Long one of the standards for violin teachers and students, Ivan Galamian's Principles of Violin Playing and Teaching offers both principles and practice exercises to help develop violinists of all ages and abilities. This new edition includes a foreword by Sally Thomas.

Get it now! In Paperback | For Kindle