WATCH NOW: 2016 Montreal International Violin Competition

Music-Related Scholarships

November 24, 2005 at 03:35 PM · Hi all, I'm a high school junior getting serious about scholarships (hey, I figure we musicians can use all the help we can get). Anyway, I'm having a hard time finding private scholarships that make use of my music abilities. Here's what I have so far:

Arts Recognition and Talent Search

School Band and Orchestra Magazing Essay Contest

Adventure Scholars Arts Leadership Scholarship

Also, there's a bunch scholarhips from the National Foundation of Music Clubs, but I don't know how they work or if they're worth it.

Has anyone heard of these or done them? What other ones do you know of. To help narrow down suggestions, I should let you know that I'm homeschooled, not a prodigy (but fairly advanced). I am looking for suggestions of any scholarships requiring audition tapes, essays, resumes, etc. related to violin or music in general that don't apply to particular schools.

Thanks!!

Replies (1)

November 24, 2005 at 05:47 PM · Most music scholarships are for seniors applying for colleges, as the scholarship goes to your freshman year in college or is spread throughout four years. If you want to get money for your talent, you should try some violin competitions!

Our Kokopelli
Please support Violinist.com
through your
one-time donation or
sponsorship campaign.

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music

Yamaha V3 Series Violin

Baerenreiter

Coregami Performal

Metzler Violin Shop

Heifetz International Music Institute

Snow Stringed Instruments

Anderson Musical Instrument Insurance

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Fiddlerman.com

Fiddlershop

Long Island Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Tunable: Tuner, Metronome, and Recorder

Violin Lab

Wangbow Violin Bow Workshop

Study with Simon Fischer in Michigan, Aug 1-5

2014 International Violin Competition of Indianapolis Gold Medalist Jinjoo Cho Gives Carnegie Hall Recital Debut

International Violin Competition 'Erich Bergel & Dorothy Kitchen' for high school students