Welcome to Violinist.com! Log in, or join the community!
Violinist.com
Facebook Twitter Google+ Email Newsletter

Gliga Vasile violin

Instruments: Is anyone familiar with this violin? Does anyone know how it compares with the Andreas Eastman 305 reviewed in the "Strings" article?

From P Endsley
Posted April 1, 2005 at 07:02 AM

I am an adult beginner student, and have only been taking lessons for about a few months. I have been renting a typical school band type instrument and am now interested in buying a violin. I've read the article in "Strings" which gives a guide to purchasing your first violin. I'm trying out a Gliga 'Vasile' violin right now and like it, after having tried several vioins at a local, reputable music store. But of course it is a noticable improvement, even by my beginner standards and ear, over the rental instrument I had. So, I have two questions: Is anyone familiar with this violin? I know it would be more than fine for me now. But I want to still be happy with it as I ever so slowly, tortuously, improve, in say 10 years. Does anyone know how it compares with the Andreas Eastman 305 reviewed in the "Strings" article? I have the opportunity to try one of these when the store gets it in and exchange if I prefer. But again, at this point I don't have much background to try to judge. Thanks for your thoughts.

From Rita Livs
Posted on April 1, 2005 at 07:09 AM
Read about Vasile Gliga violins in the archive, under 'Instruments', the title is "Have You Tried Maestro Vasile Gliga Violins".
From Kristin Damore
Posted on April 14, 2005 at 02:27 AM
I play a Gliga and I love it! The tone is beautiful. I am also a beginner and noticed a difference in my playing after picking ip this violin. I couldn't part with it.

~Kristin~

From Michael Molnar
Posted on April 14, 2005 at 02:15 PM
Here is a Time magazine article about Vasile Gliga and his violins:

www.time.com/time/globalbusiness/article/0,9171,1101030825-476423,00.html

The Violinist.com Interviews, Vol. 1

The Violinist.com Interviews, Vol. 1

Hear more from the world's top violinists in The Violinist.com Interviews: Volume 1, which includes our exclusive conversations with Joshua Bell, Sarah Chang, and David Garrett, and others, as well as a foreword by Hilary Hahn.

Get it now! For Kindle | For iBooks | In Paperback

The 2014 Violinist.com Holiday Gift Guide

The 2014 Violinist.com Holiday Gift Guide

We've compiled a list of some of the year's best new offerings from violinists for you to consider.