Welcome to Violinist.com! Log in, or join the community!
Violinist.com
Facebook Twitter Google+ Email Newsletter

Gliga Vasile violin

Instruments: Is anyone familiar with this violin? Does anyone know how it compares with the Andreas Eastman 305 reviewed in the "Strings" article?

From P Endsley
Posted April 1, 2005 at 07:02 AM

I am an adult beginner student, and have only been taking lessons for about a few months. I have been renting a typical school band type instrument and am now interested in buying a violin. I've read the article in "Strings" which gives a guide to purchasing your first violin. I'm trying out a Gliga 'Vasile' violin right now and like it, after having tried several vioins at a local, reputable music store. But of course it is a noticable improvement, even by my beginner standards and ear, over the rental instrument I had. So, I have two questions: Is anyone familiar with this violin? I know it would be more than fine for me now. But I want to still be happy with it as I ever so slowly, tortuously, improve, in say 10 years. Does anyone know how it compares with the Andreas Eastman 305 reviewed in the "Strings" article? I have the opportunity to try one of these when the store gets it in and exchange if I prefer. But again, at this point I don't have much background to try to judge. Thanks for your thoughts.

From Rita Livs
Posted on April 1, 2005 at 07:09 AM
Read about Vasile Gliga violins in the archive, under 'Instruments', the title is "Have You Tried Maestro Vasile Gliga Violins".
From Kristin Damore
Posted on April 14, 2005 at 02:27 AM
I play a Gliga and I love it! The tone is beautiful. I am also a beginner and noticed a difference in my playing after picking ip this violin. I couldn't part with it.

~Kristin~

From Michael Molnar
Posted on April 14, 2005 at 02:15 PM
Here is a Time magazine article about Vasile Gliga and his violins:

www.time.com/time/globalbusiness/article/0,9171,1101030825-476423,00.html

Suzuki Violin School

"Where did the Suzuki CD go?"

Good news! All the Suzuki Violin School CDs are available now as digital downloads on Amazon.com. But why take the time to search for them all? We've collected links to each album for Suzuki Violin Books 1 - 8.

Get them now! Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Vol. 4 | Vol. 5 | Vol. 6 | Vol. 7 | Vol. 8