Welcome to Violinist.com! Log in, or join the community!
Violinist.com
Facebook Twitter Google+ Email Newsletter

Carlo Bergonzi Violins

Instruments: What is the current market value of a good conditioned Carlo Bergonzi violin?

From Samuel Mann
Posted July 7, 2004 at 04:32 AM

Hello,

What is the current market value of a good conditioned Carlo Bergonzi violin and how are they compared to Strads and in general? Thanks!

From Samuel Mann
Posted on July 6, 2004 at 11:54 PM
From P W
Posted on July 7, 2004 at 06:00 AM
A lot. One million will not be too much for a good one. He is Strad's pupil and is considered one of the finest luthiers in human history so far.
From b f
Posted on August 11, 2004 at 06:02 AM
carlo bergonzi violins, in my opinion, are the best precision constructed violins. the sound, when i heard it played by juliet kang at the indianpolis violin competition, were outstanding the first night of finals and only so-so the competition winners encore the following night. i went backstage and was going to talk with her when i mentioned that her g-string sounded a bit weak...he looked at me, asked who i was. my answer is 'nobody'. he was amazed that i heard a difference because he said she was trying out a different bergonzi but had a repaired crack in the back.

it is good to be a 'nobody' most of the times! ;)

i would definitely take a bergonzi over a del gesu (if the cost were all the same) but of course...nothing beats a strad...they really do play themselves, don't they? :D

Galamian's Principles of the Violin

Galamian's Principles Long one of the standards for violin teachers and students, Ivan Galamian's Principles of Violin Playing and Teaching offers both principles and practice exercises to help develop violinists of all ages and abilities. This new edition includes a foreword by Sally Thomas.

Get it now! In Paperback | For Kindle

Chiara String Quartet

Contest: Chiara String Quartet

Enter to win "Brahms by Heart," featuring the Chiara String Quartet playing all from memory.