Carlo Bergonzi Violins

July 7, 2004 at 04:32 AM · Hello,

What is the current market value of a good conditioned Carlo Bergonzi violin and how are they compared to Strads and in general? Thanks!

Replies (3)

July 6, 2004 at 11:54 PM · .

July 7, 2004 at 06:00 AM · A lot. One million will not be too much for a good one. He is Strad's pupil and is considered one of the finest luthiers in human history so far.

August 11, 2004 at 06:02 AM · carlo bergonzi violins, in my opinion, are the best precision constructed violins. the sound, when i heard it played by juliet kang at the indianpolis violin competition, were outstanding the first night of finals and only so-so the competition winners encore the following night. i went backstage and was going to talk with her when i mentioned that her g-string sounded a bit weak...he looked at me, asked who i was. my answer is 'nobody'. he was amazed that i heard a difference because he said she was trying out a different bergonzi but had a repaired crack in the back.

it is good to be a 'nobody' most of the times! ;)

i would definitely take a bergonzi over a del gesu (if the cost were all the same) but of course...nothing beats a strad...they really do play themselves, don't they? :D

Our Kokopelli
Please support Violinist.com
through your
one-time donation or
sponsorship campaign.

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music

Yamaha V3 Series Violin

The Potter Violin Company

Baerenreiter

Coregami Performal

Metzler Violin Shop