Welcome to Violinist.com! Log in, or join the community!
Violinist.com
Facebook Twitter Google+ Email Newsletter

Carlo Bergonzi Violins

Instruments: What is the current market value of a good conditioned Carlo Bergonzi violin?

From Samuel Mann
Posted July 7, 2004 at 04:32 AM

Hello,

What is the current market value of a good conditioned Carlo Bergonzi violin and how are they compared to Strads and in general? Thanks!

From Samuel Mann
Posted on July 6, 2004 at 11:54 PM
From P W
Posted on July 7, 2004 at 06:00 AM
A lot. One million will not be too much for a good one. He is Strad's pupil and is considered one of the finest luthiers in human history so far.
From b f
Posted on August 11, 2004 at 06:02 AM
carlo bergonzi violins, in my opinion, are the best precision constructed violins. the sound, when i heard it played by juliet kang at the indianpolis violin competition, were outstanding the first night of finals and only so-so the competition winners encore the following night. i went backstage and was going to talk with her when i mentioned that her g-string sounded a bit weak...he looked at me, asked who i was. my answer is 'nobody'. he was amazed that i heard a difference because he said she was trying out a different bergonzi but had a repaired crack in the back.

it is good to be a 'nobody' most of the times! ;)

i would definitely take a bergonzi over a del gesu (if the cost were all the same) but of course...nothing beats a strad...they really do play themselves, don't they? :D

The Violinist.com Interviews, Vol. 1

The Violinist.com Interviews, Vol. 1

Hear more from the world's top violinists in The Violinist.com Interviews: Volume 1, which includes our exclusive conversations with Joshua Bell, Sarah Chang, and David Garrett, and others, as well as a foreword by Hilary Hahn.

Get it now! For Kindle | For iBooks | In Paperback

The 2014 Violinist.com Holiday Gift Guide

The 2014 Violinist.com Holiday Gift Guide

We've compiled a list of some of the year's best new offerings from violinists for you to consider.