Can you tell me what piece is this?

October 17, 2016 at 10:33 PM · Hello, I wanna know so bad which are the violin pieces played here:

YouTube video

Minute: 2:36

Minute: 3:20

YouTube video 2

Minute: 1:40

They all sound like Paganini pieces or some gypsy violin solos. I don't think they composed and made the violin solos for the TV show, so I guess they used the audios from somewhere else. Of course I could be wrong and they could be just random fast played improved solos. but I hardly believe that's what happened. I've asked some violinists friends of mine and they don't know, although one of them told me it sounded familiar.

Replies (3)

October 18, 2016 at 11:44 AM · Sounds like excerpts/arrangement from Enescu Romanian Rhapsody no. 1.

Now could you tell me what these videos are about??

October 18, 2016 at 12:21 PM · Oh, the first one really sounds like Enescu's rhapsody. It must be arranged and played, as you said, I think by a string quartet or something like that, a gypsy one or something. I've Googled Enescu's Romanian Rhapsody violin solo, arrangement... and didn't find anything. What can I do to find the recording?

About the videos, hahahaha. It's a show from Spain, very funny by the way. In the first video, the presenter parodies Dynamo (a magician that hosts a show), specially attacking him because of the camera tricks he does. The presenter talks in English but in a very funny way, making up words, mixing it with Spanish words... And then he oberdubs himself in Spanish, so the whole thing looks like a real, legit English show.

In the second one, he plays Nostradamus. His Nostradamus is always stealing in stores and doing naughty things, and when they catch him or discover he's stealing, he starts to talk about prophecies and mystic stuff. I.E., in the video, the dependent catches him stealing all kind of clothes, and the thief alarm starts beeping. So, Nostradamus starts to say things like "and the trumpets of Jericho played, the Doom's day is coming!", and also "and from the prophet's hat started to grow clothes and heels!".

I guess you have to dominate pretty well the Spanish language to catch a lot of jokes. Some of them are translation jokes, in others you must know who's he parodying, and othera are universally funny, etc...

October 18, 2016 at 07:01 PM · I so wish that Enescu had made an arrangement of this for violin and piano!

Our Kokopelli
Please support
through your
one-time donation or
sponsorship campaign. is made possible by...

Shar Music

Yamaha V3 Series Violin

Coregami Performal

Metzler Violin Shop

Connolly Music

Corilon Violins

15th International Henryk Wieniawski Violin Competition, Poznań, 8-23 October 2016

Anderson Musical Instrument Insurance

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Heifetz International Music Institute

Long Island Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Pro-Am Strings

Wangbow Violin Bow Workshop