October 2, 2016 at 05:24 AM · I bought some random Violin Fittings from eBay. Its a Rosewood violin fitting. The problem is... I can't get to install the chinrest... Nor the tailpiece... Nor the pegs... HELP ME :(

Issue of the tailpiece is that the end button do not fit in the endbutton hole of my violin...

Pegs is too small for the pegbox holes... Therefore it's very very loose. Chibrest wouldnt even install itself in the violin and becomes loose... Then falls off. HELP ME. PLEASE HELP ME.

Best regards, Edlix

Replies (5)

October 2, 2016 at 02:48 AM · WHAT SHUD I DO HERE.

October 2, 2016 at 06:32 AM · Pegs and the end button need to be specifically fitted by a luthier or someone with the proper tools for it who knows very well what they are doing.

Not sure what could be the problem with the chinrest, though, those are pretty straight-forward 'plug-and-play'.

October 2, 2016 at 06:54 AM · Don't buy anything FROM EBAY. It's bound to be rubbish.

October 2, 2016 at 10:24 AM · Get some personal on-the-spot help and advice from a violinist in your orchestra.

October 3, 2016 at 03:00 AM · I took it to the luthier, He said that the fittings arnt properly carved and measured... I let him fix it. But me, my personal belief is that the seller was selling some 3/4 fitting and changed the name to 4/4 violin fittings. Spent more money than I spent on the item.

Our Kokopelli
Please support
through your
one-time donation or
sponsorship campaign. is made possible by...

Shar Music

Yamaha V3 Series Violin

Coregami Performal

Metzler Violin Shop

Connolly Music

Corilon Violins

The Most Comfortable Shirt Ever Made for Musicians

Anderson Musical Instrument Insurance

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Heifetz International Music Institute

Long Island Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins