Which one is better?

September 1, 2016 at 02:41 PM · Stentor or Scott Cao violin?

Replies (4)

September 1, 2016 at 03:43 PM · I can't say which is better. You'd have to try some from both. There's just too many variables in violins.

September 1, 2016 at 09:05 PM · I have heard good things about the Stentor II, as far as entry-level student violins go.

September 1, 2016 at 10:24 PM · I've run into more Stentor instruments that are poorly setup compared to Scott Cao. Just make sure you get it from a shop that actually employs luthiers, and not just random folks without repair/restoration training.

September 1, 2016 at 11:38 PM · having just started my trip into the world of the violin,i had read about and looked at several different makes and models.i ended up getting a Gliga student full size "GENIAL II"kit.i like the tone and sound and the overall quality.as i get better,i'm sure i'll be upgrading to another Gliga.i play strictly for relaxation and enjoyment.i play the ukulele,guitar and mandolin and am fond of all three.there is something about the violin though,that i feel presents more of a challenge.i think it can be played with more emotion than my other 3 instruments ...if that makes sense?!there are no frets,you have to listen more closely to what you are playing as you "feel" your way into the music.i think you "participate"...just some thoughts.

Our Kokopelli
Please support Violinist.com
through your
one-time donation or
sponsorship campaign.

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music

Yamaha V3 Series Violin

Coregami Performal

Metzler Violin Shop

Connolly Music

Corilon Violins

15th International Henryk Wieniawski Violin Competition, Poznań, 8-23 October 2016

Anderson Musical Instrument Insurance

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Heifetz International Music Institute

Long Island Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Pro-Am Strings

Wangbow Violin Bow Workshop