Rustle of Spring from Christian Sinding

August 28, 2016 at 11:14 PM · Hi Folks, a friend of my grandmother came home from the synagogue, yes, and got this idea to check her basement. She found loads of scores, among which this took my attention. I could not find it elsewhere. any comments? thanks, peace :)

Replies (8)

August 28, 2016 at 08:21 AM · I am going to lend the scores to a friend, a professor at the Franz Liszt academy of music next week, but was just curious until then ;-)

I could find it, but I'm not sure if it is the same as that played all over? any comments?

August 28, 2016 at 08:29 AM · Edition Peters, Nr. 2870 Op. 32 Nr. 3

August 29, 2016 at 06:42 AM · any comments? I thought I found something valuable.... is it just another copy? :(

August 29, 2016 at 11:17 AM · I've heard of the piece - not sure how rare your copy is. But you know that it's a piano piece, right? But if you want a nice violin challenge, try the Sinding Suite in A minor. It's - er, "Sind-ful"!

August 29, 2016 at 02:29 PM · :) thanks :) I was just wondering what to practice :) is it the manuscript thing? ;-) best ;-)

August 29, 2016 at 02:33 PM · one of the things I like in this page , is that it's a supportive community, and while skills can't be really achieved without a teacher in the beginning, it is useful guidance for an advanced student ;-)

August 30, 2016 at 12:43 AM ·

"Sinding is best remembered today for one of his piano works, Fr├╝hlingsrauschen (Rustle of Spring, 1896). Among his other works are four symphonies,[4] three violin concertos, a piano concerto,[5] chamber music, songs and choral works to Norwegian texts, and an opera, Der Heilige Berg (The Holy Mountain, 1914)."

And, of course, his suite for violin.

August 30, 2016 at 04:14 PM · The suite is nice ;-)

Our Kokopelli
Please support
through your
one-time donation or
sponsorship campaign. is made possible by...

Shar Music

Yamaha V3 Series Violin

Coregami Performal

Metzler Violin Shop

Connolly Music

Corilon Violins

Anderson Musical Instrument Insurance

Dimitri Musafia, Master Maker of Violin and Viola Cases

Heifetz International Music Institute

Long Island Violin Shop

Nazareth Gevorkian Violins

Pro-Am Strings